GRADUATE ASSISTANTSHIP TUITION WAIVERS
- Graduate Assistants must be in good academic standing and carry a minimum of 6 credits while employed as a Graduate Assistant unless approved and enrolled in 700F or 800.
- Graduate Assistants must be employed at least 12 weeks during the semester (between the first day of instruction and the last day of instruction).
- Graduate Assistants are responsible for paying their student fees. Failure to do so will result in a Financial Obligation inhibiting their usage of services on campus such as: borrowing of books at any UH System library, gym usage, etc.
- Graduate Assistant appointments are 0.50 FTE appointments that carry full tuition exemptions, or .25 FTE appointments that carry an exemption half the total tuition, excluding any student fees.
- Appointments at 0.25 FTE require semester approval from the Graduate Division. Such appointments are approved only in truly exceptional cases.
- Graduate assistants who are registering for more than 9 credits or who may want to work more than 20 hours a week must obtain approval from the Graduate Division. The required form is found here.
- Graduate assistants may check the status of their tuition exemption via the STAR. ***Waivers may take up to 24 hours to be applied to account balances for new registrations and longer if you are adding courses after your initial registration.
- Graduate Assistants must submit a Graduate Assistant Tuition Exemption Request Form (GATEX) form every semester (regardless of whether their appointment continues from a previous semester) to receive a tuition waiver.
|CONTINUING GA'S||NEW/LATE HIRED GA'S|
|FALL||APRIL 30||JULY 31|
|SPRING||NOVEMBER 30||DECEMBER 31|
***If any of the deadlines fall on a weekend or holiday, please submit by the next working day.