IMPORTANT: In addition to meeting Graduate Division admissions standards and documentation requirements, applicants MUST contact their intended graduate programs for program specific admissions criteria and documentation requirements. For general information, see individual program listings in the section Programs & Courses.

Applicants submit the following to Graduate Division Student Services:

In addition, certain applicants may be required to submit the following:

Application Fee

Application fee is $100 starting Spring 2013 for all applicants. No application fee waivers or deferments are granted. Application fees are NON-REFUNDABLE and may not be used for an application submitted at a later date. Applicants may pay by credit card, check or money order. Do NOT send cash. Payment by check or money order must be in U.S. dollars, drawn on a U.S. bank, and made payable to the University of Hawai‘i. Applicants should include their full name and date of birth on the payment.


Applicants are required to submit one transcript from each post-secondary institution attended, including any study abroad or exchange programs, summer programs, and non-degree work and extension programs. Applicants may submit unofficial copies of transcripts while applying for admission. However, admitted students are required to submit official transcripts in order to enroll at UHM. Official transcripts must be sent to Graduate Division Student Services directly from the issuing institution(s), or in sealed institutional envelopes if submitted with the application.

Send transcripts to:

Graduate Division
2540 Maile Way
Spalding Hall 354
Honolulu, HI 96822

Returning UHM graduate students applying for readmission to the same graduate program for the same degree objective should contact Graduate Division Student Services for transcript requirements.

UH Transcripts

Transcripts are not required for course work completed at any of the UH campuses. Graduate Division Student Services will obtain UH transcripts on behalf of applicants.

Non-Traditional Grades

Applicants who have more than 25 percent of undergraduate course work at a U.S. institution evaluated under a non-traditional grading system are required to submit official scores for the appropriate standardized exam. Non-traditional grades include pass/fail, credit/no credit, no grades, etc. The exam required depends on the intended graduate program:

  • Applicants to the graduate program in travel industry management submit either GMAT or GRE General Test scores.
  • All other applicants submit GRE General Test scores.

International Transcripts & Academic Records

See International Students > International Transcripts and Academic Records for more information.

Residency Declaration Form

Applicants who qualify to pay resident tuition at UHM based on residency status or Board of Regents exemptions should submit the Residency Declaration Form. The residency status of a student is determined at the time of admission to the university. Students who do not qualify as bona fide residents of the State of Hawai‘i pay non-resident tuition, until satisfactory evidence that proves residency is presented to the residency officer. For more information on residency status and Board of Regents exemptions, contact the Residency Office.

Back To Top