Next Steps

Accepting  Your Offer

You must complete and submit the Statement of Intention to Register (SIR) form found on your admission letter to accept the offer of admissions.  Email your intent to  Informing your graduate program is not sufficient to accept the offer. If you decide to decline the offer, we appreciate notification of your intent and wish you well in your academic endeavors.

Deferral of Admissions

Your admissions offer is valid only for the program and semester to which you are admitted.  If you are unable to enroll for this semester, please email our office or call us at 956.8544 for information and instructions on applying for a new term.

Post-Baccalaureate Unclassified (PBU)

PBU students do not have to submit a Statement of Intent to Register. Your registration is automatically activated once you receive your admissions letter.

Health Clearance Requirements

You must meet all health clearance requirements before you will be allowed to register.  The Health Clearance Form must be completed by all new (newly accepted), returning (re-admitted) and transfer students.

Additional Transcripts and Documents

Documents Required to Complete Admissions Application: If official transcripts, official academic records, degree certificates or official test scores etc. are requested in your admission letter, you will need to clear those requirements by submitting your outstanding documents to Graduate Division before conducting your registration.

Final Transcripts with Degree Awarded: If final official academic record requirements are requested in your admission letter and to ensure continued registration and enrollment as a graduate student, all final official transcripts, academic records and degree certificates must be received by the Graduate Division no later than October 15 for fall semester and March 1 for spring semester. Please contact Graduate Student Services as soon as possible if you do not expect to graduate with your undergraduate degree by the date listed on your application. If you are a UH System graduate, you do not need to submit additional transcripts.

English Language Placement

If you are required to take the ELI Placement Examination an English Language Institute (ELI) placement examination request form is included with your admissions letter.  You must clear this test requirement before you will be allowed to register.

Student Housing Services

Student Housing Services home page

Financial Support

Financial support overview


STAR is the gateway to student registration.  You must have a UH Username to register and pay tuitionRegistration timetables for newly accepted, re-admitted, transfer and PBU students are posted on

Post-Baccalaureate Unclassified

PBU students are encouraged to review the UHM catalog for course prerequisites. PBU students may not register for 699 (Directed Reading), 700 (Thesis) or 800 (Dissertation); PBU students need approval from the graduate chair to take 600-700 level courses at UHM.

Tuition and Fee Payment

Tuition and fee payment overview


All incoming UH Mānoa students may receive a UH ID card known as the Mānoa One Card.  Cardholders are eligible for certain university privileges and benefits.  For details on how to obtain your card in person, please visit the Mānoa One Card website.

Enrollment Policies For Graduate Students

Enrollment policies for graduate students overview

Enrollment Verification after Registration

The Office of the Registrar is responsible for enrollment verification. Tel: 956.8010 Email:

Address and Name Changes

Report changes promptly to the Graduate Division at, Tel: 956.8544

Disability Access Service

If you have a learning, physical, psychiatric or other documented disability and need access to information and services, contact the KOKUA Program, Email:, V/T: 956.7511

Graduate Student Organization

Graduate Student Organization overview

Summer Courses

Contact your graduate program office for course offerings by the Outreach College.  Email:, Tel: 956.7221

Teaching Assistant Training

The Center for Teaching Excellence offers TA training for newly appointed teaching assistants prior to the start of the semester.

Additional Information for International Students

ISS Clearance Required

You must report to the International Student Services (ISS) Office to receive clearance before registration. This office is located in the Queen Liliuokalani Center for Student Services 206, Email: • Tel: 956.8613

Issuance of Visa Documents

New or Returning Graduate Student

Your visa document (Form I20 for F-1 student visa or DS-2019 for J-1 student visa) is enclosed with your admissions letter if you are eligible to receive your visa document at this time

Transfer Student

Complete and return the enclosed Transfer Form and SIR (statement of intention to register) accepting the offer of admission.  Your UHM I20 form will be issued when your transfer university or college releases your SEVIS record to UHM

Current UHM Undergraduate to Graduate Student

Your I20 will be issued upon receipt of your SIR (statement of intention to register) accepting the admissions offer and at the end of the current semester of enrollment.

Current UHM Graduate Students

Return the SIR (statement of intention to register) accepting the offer of admission.  The ISS office will issue your visa document and will contact you when it is ready for pick up.

Additional Information for Post-Baccalaureate Unclassified Students (PBU)

What is a PBU student?

Your acceptance as a Post-Baccalaureate Unclassified (PBU) student means that you are not enrolled in a degree granting program or an academic unit. Certain benefits and services offered to classified students will not be available to you.   You do not qualify for the all types of federal financial aid available to classified students; therefore financial assistance is limited or may not be available as a PBU student.

Continuous Registration as a PBU Student

You must be registered for at least one credit each semester at the UH-Mānoa Campus. If you miss a semester of registration, you lose your status as a PBU student and must re-apply for admissions by July 15 for fall semester admissions and December 15 for spring semester admissions.

Back To Top