Latest News and Updates:
Interested in Hall or Room Transfer?January 19, 2021
Are you interested in a hall or room transfer? The Spring 2021 open transfer period begins on Tuesday, January 19, 2021 and will continue through Monday, February 8, 2021.
Simply download the form, fill out completely, then submit the form to Student Housing beginning January 19th. All Open Transfer Request Forms must be sent to our UH email account at email@example.com. All transfer requests will be done on a first-come, first-serve basis and are based on space availability.
All residents must fill out their own individual transfer request form. For residents wanting to transfer with another person or in a group, all completed forms must have identical requests and be submitted together.
Please continue to check your UH email account for transfer updates. Prior to your transfer being approved, you will receive a Transfer Request Acknowledgment Form. This form must be signed and returned to Student Housing. If your transfer request is approved, then you will receive a transfer confirmation email. A move date and time will be scheduled for you and your account will be adjusted accordingly. You must completely vacate your room and follow all check-out and check-in procedures established by your hall staff. You will be responsible for paying any rent increases and meal plan changes, resulting from your transfer request.
If you should have any questions, please contact Student Housing Services.
Procedures for Students Traveling Out-of-StateNov 25, 2020 (updated Dec 17, 2020)
Dear Student Housing Residents,
Please read the following information very carefully if you plan on taking any trips outside the state of Hawai΄i while you are a resident of Student Housing Services (SHS).
As you may know, due to the ongoing health crisis, the State of Hawai΄i has implemented strict regulations regarding travel into the state. Everyone over the age of 18 is required to register online with the State of Hawaiʻi “Safe Travels” Program before traveling to Hawaiʻi and follow the required steps. The “Safe Travels Program” has a pre-testing option that allows participants to obtain an exemption to the mandatory 10-day quarantine with a negative COVID test from a state-approved testing partner. As SHS residents are NOT allowed to quarantine on-campus, it is imperative that you obtain the state exemption to avoid having to find a place off-campus to quarantine at your own expense.
The following process is required of any SHS resident planning to travel outside the state:
- Before you depart:
- Make a plan for completing the state’s requirements for traveling back to Hawai΄i. Detailed information on the “Safe Travels” Program can be found at https://hawaiicovid19.com/travel/getting-to-hawaii/
- At least 72-hours before your departure from campus, you must register your trip with SHS by completing a “Resident Travel Form.”
- Upon completion of the form, you will receive an email confirming your departure and return.
- When you are ready to leave campus, go to your Community Desk to temporarily check-in your room key. Contact your Residence Director or Assistant Residence Director ahead of time to make arrangements if you plan to leave campus when the desk is closed. (Desk hours of operation are Monday- Sunday 8:00 am- 11:00 pm).
- While you are away:
- Complete requirements of the “Safe Travels” Program
- Stay up-to-date on any updates or changes regarding travel requirements into the state while you are away.
- Upon your return to campus:
- Return to your community desk
- Present the following to the staff member at the desk:
- UH ID or other form of official identification, AND
- Approved “Safe Travels” Program exemption (located in the “Trips” section of your Safe Travels Account **see sample below*) OR proof that you have completed a 10-day quarantine off-campus prior to your arrival back. The staff member at the desk will verify your information and reissue your key
- If you do not have the proper documentation, you will not be able to return to student housing until your approval is received, or until you complete a 10-day quarantine off-campus.
Student Housing Services
- Before you depart:
Fall 2020 Frequently Asked QuestionsSeptember 11, 2020
Our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page has been updated with information for Fall 2020. Please view the FAQ page for details. If your question is not answered there, please contact us!
Why live on campus?
All inclusive rent = more savings!
Live close to your classes & Waikiki and Honolulu!
Live stress free from traffic and parking!
Statistics show students who live on campus graduate faster!
Build quality friendships with fellow residents!
Events and Activities
Join in on weekly events right here on campus!
Out of State Residents
Out of State Residents
Data: Academic Year 2020 - 2021 applications
Where are our residents from?
Mouse over map to view stats