Latest News and Updates:
Guest Policy Change and Face Mask RequirementApr 20, 2020
Aloha Student Housing Residents,
During this time, all Community Standards and policies still apply. Violations of policy will be documented by staff and addressed via the conduct process.
GUEST POLICY – revised
Due to our current COVID-19 circumstances, revisions to the Community Standards related to guests are as follows:
1. No guests will be allowed in SHS Residence Halls and Apartments.
- a. Residents can host one (1) guest who lives in the same hall or apartment complex.
- b. If a resident is actively moving out, the resident can have one (1) guest who is actively assisting with the move out.
In addition, please adhere to the following recommendations on social distancing:
- A minimum of six (6) feet between individuals is still the recommendation by the CDC.
- Main building entrances: allow others to exit/enter before you approach the door, while keeping at least six (6) feet away.
- Community kitchens, laundry rooms: if space does not allow for six (6) feet distance, wait for the other individual(s) to leave the space before entering.
- Community lounges and study rooms: these areas are closed. Usage of these spaces or moving of furniture in these spaces is prohibited.
- Elevators: only one passenger at a time. Exception is FH elevators which can accommodate two (2) passengers at a time.
MASKS – new Honolulu law (effective April 20, 2020)
Mayor Kirk Caldwell signed Emergency Order No. 2020-07 mandating O‘ahu residents wear non-medical grade face coverings while in public to further limit the transmission and spread of coronavirus.
Please see https://hnl.info/alerts/wcBody.php?i=14B for details and exceptions.
Beginning April 20, 2020, face coverings should be worn in all public and common areas within Student Housing Services. For residents who do not have face coverings, SHS will provide face masks at the Gateway Community Desk. Face masks have been generously donated by Every1ne for One Hawaii, website: every1nehawaii.com.
Mandatory Quarantine for Interisland TravelersMar 30, 2020
Student Housing Residents,
Today Governor Ige expanded the mandatory, 14-day quarantine for air travel to now include all inter-island flights. This means that beginning this Wednesday, April 1 at 12:01 AM, and until April 30, all passengers on inter-island flights arriving in Oʻahu will be required to complete a mandatory, 14-day quarantine upon arrival. Please note the mandatory quarantine for domestic and international arrivals to Oʻahu is already in effect.
Student Housing Services Office - Modified ServicesMar 27, 2020
Services provided by the Student Housing Services Office will be modified effective Monday, March 30, 2020 until further notice.
Calls to the office at (808) 956-8177 and emails to the housing email at email@example.com will be responded to as soon as possible.
For resident needs, the Gateway House Community Desk will remain open daily from 8:00am-11:00pm. Phone number: (808) 956-6181
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
Student Housing Services
Residential Dining Food Safety: Take-Outs OnlyMar 19, 2020
Dear Residents and Staff,
Beginning with brunch on Friday, March 20, 2020, all meals provided in our Hale Aloha and Gateway House locations will be on a take-out basis only.
UH Coronavirus Resource PageJan 31, 2020
The University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa has created a web page in order to provide more information and resources regarding the novel coronavirus, 2019-nCoV, that has infected nearly 10,000 people worldwide.
View more information...
Why live on campus?
All inclusive rent = more savings!
Live close to your classes & Waikiki and Honolulu!
Live stress free from traffic and parking!
Statistics show students who live on campus graduate faster!
Build quality friendships with fellow residents!
Events and Activities
Join in on weekly events right here on campus!
Out of State Residents
Out of State Residents
Data: Academic Year 2018 - 2019 applications
Where are our residents from?
Mouse over map to view stats