Post Baccalaureate Certificate in Music (PBCSE)
The Post Baccalaureate Certificate in Music (PBCSE) program is designed for students who already have a BA, or BM degree and wish to obtain initial basic teacher certification in music and become school music teachers.
There are two possible tracks for the PBCSE: Choral/General Music and Instrumental Music. The curriculum for each track is identical to the music classes at the core of the BEd degree. View those curricula here.
To enroll in PBCSE, a student must have completed an academic content major appropriate to their proposed teaching subject and pass the PRAXIS Content Knowledge test.
- BA in music or BM in music
- Gain minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Pass Praxis® Core Academic Skills for Educators Tests & Praxis Subject Assessments (formally known as Praxis II).
- Complete COE online application
- Finish 40 hours of field work
- Pass the Music Education Interview
For complete information, please visit this page.