Performance Certificate in Vocal Performance
A minimum of 8 contact hours per week is required.
- 6 hours of Applied Voice (600 level)
- 3 hours of Practical Voice Training (Opera Workshop, HOT, etc)
- 1 hour of Piano-Vocal Collaboration or Chamber Music ensembles
- 1 Full Recital Required
- English Training Courses
- If English training is not necessary, possible elective courses as advised, including:
- Song Literature, Vocal Pedagogy
- Theory, History, or Ethnomusicology courses
- Language or Diction Courses
- Other courses at the discretion of the advisor
Training consists of ten hours a week including:
- 10 weeks of NICE in each semester; and
- 5 weeks of the UP Program.