Performance Certificate in Piano Performance
A minimum of 8 contact hours per week is required.
- 6 hours Applied Piano (600 level)
- 2 hours of small ensembles (choose from Chamber Music, Contemporary Ensemble, Piano-Vocal Collaboration, Piano-Instrumental Collaboration, or Composer-Performer Collaboration)
- 1 Full Recital Required
- English Training Courses
- If English training is not necessary, possible elective courses as advised, including:
- Keyboard Skills, Keyboard Literature, or Piano Pedagogy
- Large Ensembles
- Theory, History, or Ethnomusicology courses
- Practical training or other courses at the discretion of the advisor
Training consists of ten hours a week including:
- 10 weeks of NICE in each semester; and
- 5 weeks of the UP Program.