Application Overview for Graduate Studies

All applicants seeking admission to the Graduate Program in Music must submit forms and materials as described on the Graduate Division website by the Graduate Admissions deadline.

Forms may be submitted online or via the postal service at:

University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa
Graduate Admissions Office
Spalding 354
2540 Maile Way
Honolulu, HI 96822

Financial Aid for Graduate Studies

Scholarships, grants, loans, and student employment are the principal forms of financial assistance available to students enrolled in degree programs. To be eligible for such assistance, students must be enrolled full time in coursework relevant to the graduate degree.

Please note: due to stringent INS regulations full-time enrollment according to federal standards is required of international students.

Students on F-1 (self-support) and J-1 (institutional support) visas, as well as those in most other non-immigrant classifications are ineligible for financial aid through Basic Educational Opportunity Grants, federal work-study programs, guaranteed loans and similar programs. Non-citizens eligible for assistance through these programs include:

  1. permanent residents of the U.S.,
  2. conditional permanent residents, and
  3. individuals with I-94 designations.

Prospective students will find financial aid application forms and extensive information about the various aid programs, including all relevant deadlines, posted at the Financial Aid Services website. For specific financial aid questions, it is also possible to contact the Financial Aid Office by e-mail.

Further Information

Requests for further information or for clarification of any information presented here may be addressed to the Graduate Chair, University of Hawai‘i at Manoa, Department of Music, 2411 Dole St., Honolulu HI 96822. The GC may also be contacted by e-mail (thomasao@hawaii.ediu) or telephone (808-956-2129).