Below are resources and information frequently requested by parents. Visit Parents & ʻOhana for a more complete list of resources available at UH Mānoa.


Contact the Bursar's Office for information concerning tuition and fees charges, refunds, or payments.

Return to top

Dates & Deadlines

The following are links to important dates and deadlines:

Return to top

Education Tax Credits

The U.S. Congress established federal tax credits for qualified college tuition and related expenses under the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997 and the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) of 2009. For more information about these tax credits as well as other education-related tax credits, visit Education Tax Credits page.

Return to top

Emergency Situations

If a UH Mānoa student needs to be contacted in the case of a family emergency, please contact the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Students or call 808-956-3290.

Visit Emergency Information for information and updates on campus emergencies.

Return to top

Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) Policy

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974 (also known as the Buckley Amendment) establishes guidelines for maintaining the confidentiality of education records and monitoring the release of information from those records. Education records are those directly related to a student and maintained by the University; these include grades, coursework, records indicating progress toward a degree, and student financial account records.

Once a student is attending the University, all FERPA rights belong to the student. Information may be released only at the student's specific written request. An exception is directory information, which may be released at any time unless a student has requested that it be withheld. Please refer to Policies for more information.

UH Mānoa must comply with federal regulations in regard to student privacy. Unless a student gives express written permission, we are unable to release personal, disciplinary, or academic information. Refer to Policies for more information on the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.

Return to top

Financial Aid

Visit Financial Aid Services for information regarding financial aid.

Return to top

Grades & Transcripts

The University does not release grades or transcripts to parents unless the student has provided written permission to do so. This policy complies with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).

A student can log in to MyUH to view grades at the end of each semester. Grades are usually posted by the Wednesday after the end of the final exam period. See the University Catalog for academic policies on grades and credit hours.

Return to top

Graduation, Commencement & Diplomas

  • Visit Commencement for graduation ceremony information
  • Review graduation application policies and procedures
  • Review diploma fee, payment, and other information

Return to top

Verification of Enrollment & Degree

A student's enrollment status and degree(s) awarded are designated as directory information, and may be released to third parties (any person other than the student), provided the student does not request nondisclosure.

If a student requests nondisclosure, a written request signed by the student is required before the verification can be processed. Third parties requesting enrollment or degree verification should refer to Enrollment Verification.

Return to top

Withdrawals from the University

Prior to the first day of instruction, a student may drop all classes online via MyUH opens in new window or cancel registration in person at the Office of the Registrar. If a student applied for financial aid or student housing, the student should also contact Financial Aid Services and Student Housing Services.

After the first day of instruction, a student who wishes to withdraw from all classes must contact his or her college or school's Advising office. Failure to officially withdraw from the University can have academic and financial implications for the student. Review Withdrawing from the University for more information.

Return to top