Undergraduates in their final semester of coursework are eligible to apply for graduation. Graduate and PhD candidates should visit Graduate Division for information.
As you prepare to for graduation, be sure to complete the following:
Please follow these steps in applying for your degree:
- Meet with your college or school’s academic advisor to complete a degree audit check to ensure that you have met all requirements and are eligible to graduate.
- Complete the online Application for Degree by the posted deadline below.
- Approximately 4 weeks after the application deadline below, log into MyUH Services to pay your diploma fee of $30.00
All graduation candidates are reviewed for a final time at the conclusion of their final semester. Degrees awarded will be posted on your official academic transcript within 6 weeks (45-60 days) after the end of the semester.
Below are the University’s deadlines for your Application for Degree. If you fail to apply for your degree by the deadline your name will not be published in the commencement program and you may not receive your diploma on time. Please check with your college or school’s Advising Office for more information.
|INTENDED GRADUATION TERM
|ONLINE GRADUATION APPLICATION AVAILABLE
|ONLINE APPLICATION LINK
|December 1, 2023 – January 31, 2024
|Online application closed
(Please see college advisor for assistance)
|December 1, 2023 – June 30, 2024
|Apply for Summer 2024
|July 8, 2024 – September 13, 2024
|Apply for Fall 2024
*Summer Graduates: Your Application for Degree must be received by the earlier Spring application deadline, in order for your name to be printed in the Spring Commencement Program. Otherwise, you will need to participate in the Fall Commencement Program.
If you have already submitted an Application for Degree and need to postpone or cancel your graduation, please contact one of the following offices listed below. Students will need to wait and complete a new Application for Degree, if they are graduating in a future semester.
- Undergraduate Students: Office of the Registrar’s Diploma Unit, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Graduate Students: Graduate Division, email@example.com
- Business Administration Students (UG and GR): Shidler College of Business
Currently enrolled undergraduate students who have applied to graduate for an eligible semester may request a letter confirming their candidacy to be sent to future employers, graduate schools, or other third-party organization. Candidacy letters will only confirm that the student intends to graduate at the end of the eligible semester with all their current majors and minors. Graduate students, please contact Graduate Division for a letter, firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Students: While the university will not provide a “Letter of Invitation” international students who are graduating may use this form to receive a letter of support. Learn more by visiting the inviting family members from abroad to commencement page.
Students must register separately to participate in commencement. Undergraduate students are eligible to participate in the Commencement ceremony at the end of their final semester.
- The commencement ceremonies are held twice per academic year, in December and May. Summer graduation candidates may elect to participate in either the Fall or Spring ceremony.
- Students who apply to graduate by the application deadline will have their name listed in the commencement program.
- Diplomas are not distributed at commencement ceremonies. Diplomas will be mailed to students after their degree(s) have been conferred and posted to their academic record. Additional information regarding diplomas can be found on Diplomas page.
- Please visit the Commencement website for additional important information on the ceremony and ordering caps and gowns.
- If you are an international student, please visit the inviting family members from abroad to commencement page.
Questions regarding commencement ceremonies, caps and gowns, and other commencement related activities can be directed to email@example.com.