Veteran Benefits

American flags honoring our veterans

Request Certification

Semester Enrollment Forms

You must request certification for each semester you intend to use your benefits by completing a VA Request for Enrollment Certification Form.
TIP: If you submit the form more than once, it may delay your certification.

We highly encourage you to meet with your academic advisor early, and if applicable, get your mandatory advising and VA advising done at the same time.

It is your responsibility to ensure that you request enrollment certification only for required courses (not optional or supportive) that count toward your current major or degree program.

Check your email on a regular basis for updates on your certification.

If you have added or dropped a course used for certification, complete the VA Request for Enrollment Certification Form again. Please be aware of the last day to drop (without a “W” grade) and the tuition refund (100% refund and 50% refund) deadlines on the Academic Calendar, as they can impact your VA benefits.

Undergraduate Students Enrollment Certification Form
Undergraduate Students Tutorial
Wait until two days after you register in STAR
before submitting this form. If you do not wait, you will
have to redo the form and it will delay your certification. For the Spring 2024 semester, the form is available starting November 24, 2023.
Graduate Students Enrollment Certification Form
(including Post-Baccalaureate Unclassified Students)
Graduate Students Tutorial


VA Form Submission – Priority Dates & Processing Times

In order to assist in the processing of VA education benefits, we strongly encourage students who wish to use VA educational benefits adhere to the following priority deadlines.

Submit all required documents, including the Request for VA Enrollment Certification Form by:

  • Fall Semester:  August 1st
  • Spring Semester: December 1st
  • Summer Term: May 1st

Processing Times

  • All requests are processed in the order they are received. Contacting the Office of the Registrar does not change this date or expedite the processing. It is your responsibility to ensure proper and timely submission of all required documents to the office.
  • Chapter 30, 33, 35, and 1606 GI Bill® submissions must include a valid Certificate of Eligibility for the first semester that benefits are used.
  • Chapter 31 VR&E submissions must include a valid e-Authorization emailed to by a VA Counselor each semester.
  • Incomplete forms cannot be processed and will be returned. When your form is received, we will only certify courses in which you are currently enrolled.

If you have any questions, please email the VA School Certifying Official in the Office of the Registrar at Email and call volume increases significantly prior to and during the start of a term.

Campus Resources

The Office of Veteran Student Services (OVSS) provides student veterans and military connected students with access to resources, social and academic support, information on VA health and education benefits, and mentors student veterans as they transition from military to university life.

The OVSS also provides services through the VA’s Veteran Success on Campus (VSOC) program and the Veterans Integration to Academic Leadership (VITAL) program.

The KOKUA Program provides disability access services for students with permanent documented disabilities.

Academic advising services are available through your college or school and, in some cases, your department. Advising Offices offer students a variety of academic services. Before registering for classes, meet with your academic advisor to review degree requirements and to get help selecting courses. Undergraduate students can view the Academic Advising Guide.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site.