Admissions – Certificate

Admissions Requirements

To be eligible to apply, an applicant needs to possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited US college or university, or an equivalent degree from a recognized non-US institution of higher education.

Submit a Graduate Admissions Application to the Office of Graduate Education.

Official documents (transcripts, TOEFL scores) should be sent to the Office of Graduate Education:

Office of Graduate Education
2540 Maile Way
Spaulding Hall 354
Honolulu, HI  96822

Submit the following documents directly to the department by regular mail or email (

Department address:

Department of Tropical Medicine, Medical Microbiology & Pharmacology
John A Burns School of Medicine
651 Ilalo St., BSB 320
Honolulu, HI  96813

Application Deadlines

  • Fall Semester applications must be received by July 15th of the same year.
  • No Spring admission.

Tuition Schedules

UH Manoa Graduate Tuition Schedules

For more information on the Tropical Medicine Graduate Certificate contact:

William Gosnell PhD, Graduate Certificate Director
Department of Tropical Medicine, Medical Microbiology and Pharmacology
John A. Burns School of Medicine
University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa
651 Ilalo Street, BSB 320
Honolulu, Hawai‘i 96813-5525

Telephone: (808) 692-1623 Fax: (808) 692-1979