Your Honors Journey begins with Honors coursework in the first and second year, followed by a BRIDGE session to transition to junior and senior year, where the focus is on the Senior Honors Project, and independent, mentored work within your major.
Your 4-Year Honors Program Journey will look something like this:
Freshman and Sophomore Year
- End of your Sophomore Year, you should have the following completed: 1 A Section and 2 HON courses
- End of Sophomore year, BRIDGE SESSION to transition to Senior Honors Project
- Start Considering whether you would like to follow the Thesis or Portfolio track for your Honors Senior Project early in your program.
- Many departments have Honors Tracks that can be followed to help you graduate with Honors
- Submit Honors Project Proposal & Mentor/Proposal Form
- HON 495 Recommended
- HON 494 Required
- 2 semesters of HON 496 or 499 in major or pre-approved course from Honors track to work on Senior Honors Project
- Graduation Information Session
- Submit Senior Honors Project
- Present at Undergraduate Showcase