Make sure you are keeping up with all of your Honors requirements. Log into your Honors Mākālei page regularly to keep on track!
Your 4 Year Honors Program will look something like this:
Freshman and Sophomore Year
- HON or A section course each semester, 2 of each over the over 4 semesters *See below for more information about these courses
- End of Sophomore year, attend a Bridge Session to transition to Senior Honors Project
- Submit Honors Project Proposal & Mentor/Proposal Form
- HON 495 Recommended
- HON 494 Required
- Two semesters of HON 496 or 499 in major or pre-approved course from Honors track to work on Senior Honors Project
- Graduation Information Session
- Submit Senior Honors Project
- Present at Undergraduate Showcase
“A-section” courses are special sections of regular classes that fulfill General Education requirements and are reserved specifically for Honors students with enrollment limited to 20 students. Generally, such courses provide students with a more in-depth and challenging exploration of the subject matter. However, in some cases involving a sequence of pre-requisite courses, they may also be accelerated versions of the non-Honors equivalents. “A-sections” provide for a greater degree of interaction between students and instructors, and students are expected to take greater initiative in their learning.
A list of current A-section courses as well as Honors courses can be found here.
Honors courses provide opportunities for undergraduate students to experience small, seminar-style classes, while learning skills and knowledge necessary to conduct independent research and creative work within their major. All of the courses are inquiry-based, training students in critical thinking and independent research.
A list of the various Honors courses offered can be found here.