The Honors Council is the policy-making and examining body of the Honors Program. The charge of the Honors Council is to:
- review and set policy concerning admission standards, curriculum and program requirements;
- promote the interests of the Honors Program among faculty, staff and students
- positively enhance the visibility of the Honors Program at the University and within the community
- review student portfolios for the awarding of Honors
- serve as the committee for the Honors thesis prize
Membership in the Council consists of the Director of the Honors Program (ex officio chair) and up to ten full-time faculty from representative colleges and schools at the University of Hawaii at Manoa.