Lyon Arboretum is part of the University of Hawaiʻi and a public botanical garden. We are nestled in the back of Mānoa Valley, just five miles from the bustle of Waikiki. Lyon Arboretum has over seven miles of hiking trails and boasts more than 6,000 taxa of tropical and sub-tropical plants on our nearly 200 acres.
Visit the Arboretum
(Last updated: 7/31/23)
We are open to the public Monday through Friday from 9 am until 3 pm. We are closed on weekends and state- and federal holidays.
Reservations are required. Make your reservation on Eventbrite at the link below.
Admission is free, but donations are greatly appreciated. The suggested donation amount is $10 per person.
We usually open reservations a week in advance, often on the Friday before.
Check our upcoming closures below.
Questions regarding reservations can be directed to our Main Office at (808) 988-0456. Mahalo!
Announcements and Upcoming closures
All day closures:
- September 29, 2023: Road closure
- November 10, 2023: Holiday observance
- November 23, 2023: Holiday observance
- November 30, 2023: Internal operations
- December 1, 2023: Internal operations
- December 25, 2023: Holiday observance
- January 1, 2024: Holiday observance
- January 15, 2024: Holiday observance
- February 19, 2024: Holiday observance
- March 26, 2024: Holiday observance
- March 29, 2024: Holiday observance
- Lyon Nature Camp – Fall 2023October 9 – October 13, 2023 (FULL) Get your child in touch with nature with … Read more
- Support MauiSupport UH Maui College students, faculty, and staff through the UH Foundation.https://www.uhfoundation.org/give/giving-opportunity/help-maui Other Maui fire … Read more
- HRPP Director PositionLyon Arboretum is seeking someone to fill the Hawaiian Rare Plant Program Director position. The … Read more
Shop page is now available
Information about our keiki kits, teacher resources, and even free downloadables is now available on our shop page. Check it out!