Lyon Arboretum is part of the University of Hawaiʻi and a public botanical garden. We are nestled in the back of Mānoa Valley, just five miles from the bustle of Waikiki. Lyon Arboretum has over seven miles of hiking trails and boasts more than 6,000 taxa of tropical and sub-tropical plants on our nearly 200 acres.
Visit the Arboretum
(Last updated: 5/24/22)
We are open to the public Monday through Friday from 9 am until 3 pm. We are closed on weekends and state- and federal holidays.
Reservations are required. Make your reservation on Eventbrite at the link below.
Admission is free, but donations are greatly appreciated. The suggested donation amount is $10 per person.
View our COVID19 safety policies here
We usually open reservations a week in advance, often on the Friday before.
Check our upcoming closures below.
Questions regarding reservations can be directed to our Main Office at (808) 988-0456. Mahalo!
Lyon Arboretum is closed on Saturdays, Sundays, and all state- and federal holidays.
We will be closed to the public all day on:
- March 27, 2023: Holiday observance
- April 7, 2023: Holiday observance
- May 12, 2023: Internal operations (by reservation only)
- May 29, 2023: Holiday observance
We are very excited to announce our 2023 Internships!
Learn more here: Lyon Internships 2023. Deadline to apply is March 31.
- Lyon Arboretum Internships 2023Aloha! This summer, Lyon Arboretum will host two internship programs: the Lyon Arboretum/Friends of Lyon …
- Spring Camp 2023: Plant GEEK – FULLMarch 13 – March 17, 2023 Get your child in touch with nature with five …
- New Employment Opportunity: Associate Specialist / SpecialistThe Harold L. Lyon Arboretum at the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa invites applicants for …
Be sure to check out our community class offerings!
Shop page is now available
Information about our keiki kits, teacher resources, and even free downloadables is now available on our shop page. Check it out!