Lyon Arboretum is part of the University of Hawaiʻi and a public botanical garden. We are nestled in the back of Mānoa Valley, just five miles from the bustle of Waikiki. Lyon Arboretum has over seven miles of hiking trails and boasts more than 6,000 taxa of tropical and sub-tropical plants on our nearly 200 acres.
We are open to the public Monday through Friday from 9 am until 3 pm.
Visit the Arboretum
(Last updated: 5/24/22)
Reservations are required. Make your reservation on Eventbrite at the link below.
Admission is free, but donations are greatly appreciated. The suggested donation amount is $10 per person.
Due to the frequently changing conditions of the ongoing pandemic, we usually only open reservations a week in advance, often on the Friday before.
Questions regarding reservations can be directed to our Main Office at (808) 988-0456. Mahalo!
Lyon Arboretum is closed on Saturdays and Sundays as well as all state and federal holidays.
We will be closed to the public all day on:
- August 4, 2022 – Private Event; open from 1 pm until 3 pm.
- August 19, 2022 – Holiday Observance
- September 5, 2022 – Holiday Observance
- October 22, 2022 – Internal Operations
- November 11, 2022 – Holiday Observance
- November 24, 2022 – Holiday Observance
- December 26, 2022 – Holiday Observance
- January 2, 2023 – Holiday Observance
- 2022 Summer and Fall Community ClassesAloha! This page serves as our “master post” for all Lyon Arboretum community classes for the Summer and Fall of 2022. More classes will be added as details are finalized. (Classes that are currently accepting enrollment appear at the top of this page; classes that are at full enrollment or that have passed are recorded …
- A Lasting Tribute to Lifelong LeadersVernon and Yun Soong Jim were respected leaders in their community, world travelers, and longtime supporters of Lyon Arboretum. Their daughters, Arlene Chang, Velma Jim and Gwendolyn Wong have established an Endowment to benefit Lyon that represents their Mom and Dad’s values and respect for the work of Lyon Arboretum. “How do you create a …
- Hui Hana Lei – not accepting new orders until June 3, 2022Aloha! This is to inform the public that Hui Hana Lei is not accepting new lei orders until June 3, 2022. Mahalo nui loa for understanding!
Shop page now available
Information about our keiki kits, teacher resources, and even free downloadables is now available on our shop page. Check it out!