Your financial aid offer is for the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa and is not transferable to another institution. It is based on full-time enrollment at UH Mānoa:
- Undergraduate – 12 or more applicable credits toward your degree
- Graduate – 8 credits are considered full-time for financial aid purposes, even though your department may have a differing credit definition. For example, graduate students receiving a tuition waiver are considered by the Graduate Division to be full-time when at 6 credits, but financial aid is still based upon 8 credits. 1 credit of 700F or 800 is also full-time.
- Law/Medical Professional – 12 or more credits
If you are not enrolled full-time, you must immediately notify our office in writing to prevent an overpayment. Please let us know your expected number of credits for that semester you are NOT full-time via email, or submit the Enrollment Form. If you are not being charged tuition for a course(s), an adjustment will be made to your budget and your aid may be adjusted. Your financial aid disbursement will be prorated based on your enrollment.
Students may receive aid to repeat a previously passed course one additional time.
UH System Concurrent Enrollment
If you will be concurrently enrolled at the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa and at one of the UH System campuses, you must be enrolled for at least 6 applicable credits toward your degree at the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa in order to be eligible for financial aid. If you would like your courses at other campuses to be counted toward your University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa enrollment, you will need to complete the Concurrent Enrollment Form for each term (Fall and Spring only) and submit it to our office by the deadline specified on the form. Late forms will not be accepted. There is no Concurrent Enrollment Form for the Summer term.
Outreach College (Extension/Distance Education Courses)
If the Outreach College or Extension/Distance course is listed as a UH Mānoa course(s), it may be counted towards your financial aid enrollment. The course(s) must be applicable towards your UH Mānoa degree. If you will be registered for Outreach College Courses (Extension/Distance Learning Courses):
- Your disbursement may be delayed due to courses starting later than the normal semester.
- Your financial aid may be adjusted due to courses starting and ending at different times.
- Your financial aid may be adjusted due to different tuition and fee charges.
- Your financial aid adjustments may be made after you receive your refund.
Freeze Date for Enrollment Status
Each semester, our office will evaluate your enrollment status for financial aid purposes on the last date for a 50% tuition refund. This date is referred to as the Freeze Date for Enrollment Status. For additional information on enrollment status, see the Registrar’s page. Please refer to the Financial Aid Important Dates & Deadlines for the actual date.
- Before the freeze date, your aid may fluctuate depending on the number of credits you are registered for. Dropping credits after your financial aid has been disbursed may result in a revision to your financial aid and a balance owing to the Cashier’s Office.
- On the freeze date, your financial aid will be based on your UH Mānoa and approved concurrent enrollment and will no longer fluctuate when enrollment changes occur, except for students who officially or unofficially withdraw from all courses during the semester. For additional information on officially or unofficially withdrawing from all courses during the semester, please refer to the Withdrawal Policy.
- After the freeze date, if your enrollment decreases (i.e. withdrawal from a course), you may jeopardize your continuing financial aid eligibility due to not meeting satisfactory academic progress. If you are enrolled after this date, only student loans may be reinstated or increased. Please check STAR to make sure you are registered for the courses you intend to be enrolled in.
Cancellation of Registration/Financial Aid
If you will not be attending the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa, please cancel your registration via STAR. It is your responsibility to notify our office in writing to email@example.com. If you have already been offered a financial aid package, please cancel your financial aid by completing the Financial Aid Change Request form.