Receiving Additional Assistance

If you receive any other form of financial assistance in addition to those shown on your Financial Aid Offer (e.g., Kamehameha/Hawaiʻi Community Foundation/UH Foundation scholarships, University department tuition waivers, Stipends, Fellowships, Resident Advisor Stipends, etc.), you must notify Financial Aid Services (FAS) immediately via email or the Financial Aid Change Request Form. As required by federal regulations, an adjustment to your financial aid may be necessary to reflect the increase of your resources. Failure to notify FAS may delay your financial aid disbursement and/or may require you to repay the university.

Per Federal regulations, a student’s financial aid (grants, work-study, loans) and scholarships/resources cannot exceed the Cost of Attendance which includes Tuition and Fees, Room and Board, Books and Supplies, Personal Expenses, and Transportation.

Address to Mail a Scholarship Check & Information

Scholarship checks can be mailed directly to Financial Aid Services:

University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa
Financial Aid Services
2600 Campus Road, QLCSS 112
Honolulu, Hawaii 96822


Please follow these instructions:

  • If the check is made out to the University of Hawaiʻi: mail the check to the address listed above. This is the preferred way to have your scholarship check written, as it will allow the University to process your award in the fastest manner.
  • If the check is made co-payable to you and the University of Hawaiʻi: endorse the check with your signature and mail the check to the address listed above.
  • If the check is made payable to you only: notify our office of this financial assistance via the Financial Aid Change Request Form. Then, you may deposit the check into your bank account and use it for your educational expenses.


  • Unless otherwise noted by the scholarship provider, it is presumed that a student must be enrolled full-time (as defined for Financial Aid purposes) to be eligible for the scholarship monies.
  • Scholarship monies can only be applied to one semester, unless the scholarship provider has supplied the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa with explicit instructions that the monies should be divided between multiple semesters.
  • If no academic term is given by the scholarship donor, the funds will be applied to the current academic term.
  • Once a scholarship award is disbursed, it is the student’s responsibility to contact your scholarship organization (if you change your enrollment) to determine your continued eligibility for the monies.


An “overaward” situation may result if fund(s) have already been disbursed. This may happen when the following occurs (some examples):

  1. You receive additional resources (if not already accounted for in original aid offer)
  2. Your residency status changes
  3. Your living situation changes
  4. Your enrollment is below full-time at University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa (12 applicable credits toward your degree for undergraduates, 8 credits for graduates, 12 or more credits for professional students)
  5. Verification information changes your expected family contribution (EFC)
  6. Enrollment in a course that does not charge tuition and/or fees

Repayment may be required and/or adjustments may be made to other types of aid and/or future disbursements within the academic year.