Chancellor’s Award for Outstanding Service
To give recognition and award four (4) employees for outstanding work performance, service, leadership and contributions he/she has made to their office, department and UHM in serving the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa and promoting excellence in higher education.
- Civil Service employee
- Buildings and Grounds Maintenance employee (Civil Service or APT within the Building and Management Unit)
- Administrative, Professional and Technical (APT) employee
- Faculty Specialist employee
Each recipient shall receive a $1,000 monetary award and a recognition certificate, as well as recognition at a special reception.
All full-time Civil Service, Buildings and Grounds Maintenance, APT employees and Faculty Specialists who have been employed continuously for no less than twelve (12) consecutive months for a or in support of a UHM college, school, department, or program may be nominated.
An employee previously nominated may be nominated again provided that the employee has not been a recipient of the Chancellor’s Award within the last five (5) years.
Criteria for Selection
Employees shall be nominated based on his/her outstanding work performance, service, leadership and contributions to their office, department and UHM to promote excellence in higher education.
Examples of outstanding accomplishments by an employee include the following:
- Exceptional contributions to the achievement of the department’s program objectives
- Significant improvements in the delivery of service and/or cost savings to better serve the campus and/or department and its program objectives
- Significant contributions to social, scientific, technological or operational progress/development
- Contribution to creative solutions to difficult problems that benefit the campus and/or department
- Active participation in and contributions to professional, campus and/or community affairs, and promotion of a positive image for UHM
- Sustained merit and competence in the department, and contribution to the progress and success of the program
For supervisors and managers of programs, successful planning, management and execution of program functions including development and motivation of team of staff members to improve unit performance and services.
Procedure for Selection
- Note that the deadline has been extended. The new deadline for submissions is now Friday, February 22, 2019. The nomination form may be downloaded and submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Each nomination and pertinent supporting information is limited to three (3) pages, which includes the one (1) page nomination form and two (2) pages for the justification narrative.
Each nominee is allowed a maximum of three (3) nominations, which may be from employees, students, and/or community members. Nominations are received in sequential order, and only the first three (3) nominations per candidate will be submitted to the awards review committee.
Submitted letters of support or recommendation will be counted toward the three (3) pages maximum per nomination and the three (3) nominations maximum per candidate.
- A review committee is convened to evaluate the nominees based on the nominations and supporting justification submitted.
- The review committee will advise Chancellor of all nominations and recommend the top two (2) nominations in each category to the Chancellor.The top two (2) nominees in each category will be submitted for consideration for the Governor’s Award for Distinguished State Service. Nominations for the Governor’s Award have a three (3) page limit and an abbreviated and/or additional information may be requested from nominators.
- Nominees will be notified of their nomination and the identity of the nominator(s) after the committee reviews all nominations, unless otherwise specified.
Nominate an Employee
Chancellor’s Citation for Meritorious Teaching
The Office of Faculty Development & Academic Support coordinates nominations for this award.
Nominate an Employee
Nominations for Chancellor’s Citation for Meritorious Teaching are coordinated by the Office of Faculty Development & Academic Support. Please visit ofdas.hawaii.edu for nomination information including criteria, eligibility requirements and submission procedures.