University of Hawaiʻi President David Lassner leads the UH Mānoa campus, as well as the 10-campus UH System of which UH Mānoa is the flagship research university.
Other senior executives of the campus currently include:
- Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
- Vice Chancellor for Administration, Finance and Operations
- Vice Chancellor for Research
- Vice Chancellor for Students
- Vice President for Administration
The president’s advisors include the school and college Deans and Directors, the UH Mānoa Faculty Senate, the Mānoa Staff Senate, the Graduate Student Organization, the undergraduate Associated Students of the University of Hawaiʻi, and the Kūaliʻi Council, which advises on matters important to Native Hawaiians. The leaders of these groups meet collectively as the Mānoa Leadership Team.
The President is appointed by the UH Board of Regents, whose members are appointed by the governor and confirmed by the Hawaiʻi State Senate.