C. Alan Titchenal  PhD, CNS
Associate Professor, Department of Human Nutrition, Food, and Animal SciencesCollege of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources – University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa
Work Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgINTERNET
Nutrition and human performance; non-anemic iron deficiency.
- Iversen CS, Nigg C, Titchenal CA. The impact of an elementary after-school nutrition and physical activity program on children’s fruit and vegetable intake, physical activity, and body mass index: Fun 5. Hawaii Med J. 2011 Jul;70 (7 Suppl 1): 37-41.
- Murakami S, Kurihara S, Titchenal CA, Ohtani M. Suppression of exercise-induced neutrophilia and lymphopenia in athletes by cystine/theanine intake: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2010 Jun 4;7(1):23.
- Lai, JF, Dobbs, J, Dunn, MA, Tauyan, S, and Titchenal, CA. Inconsistent values for iron content complicate recommending clams as an iron source. J Food Comp and Analysis. 2009;22S:S78–S82.
- Integrated HATCH project, “Expanding Awareness of the Contribution of Iron Deficiency to Common Health Problems.”
- Chamber of Commerce of Hawaii, “Evidenced-Based Research for More Appropriate Public Health Nutrition Education.”
Current Graduate Students (Chair)
- Vanessa Araujo Almeida (PhD Nutrition)
- Bernice Aurellano (MS Nutritional Sciences)
- Riccardo Martinez Barron (PhD Nutrition)
- Samantha Garrido (MS Nutritional Sciences)
- Kayla Watanabe (MS Nutritional Sciences)