Iris Fumiko Kimura  , PhD, AT.Ret, PT
ProfessorMedical Microbiology, and Pharmacology Hawaii Center for AIDS, John A. Burns School of Medicine- University of Hawaii at Manoa
Work Phone: 808.692.1313workNo Logo Available
- Kocher, MH, Oba, Y, Kimura, IF, Stickley, CD, Morgan,CR, & Hetzler, RK. Allometric Grip Strength Norms for American Children. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. (2019) Aug:33(8):2251-2261.
- Oba, Y., Gomyo, K., Stickley, CD., Tamura, K., Kimura, IF., & Hetzler, RK. Effects of Recovery Wear on Heart Rate Variability Following The Wingate Anaerobic Test, Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. Submitted.
- Kocher, MH., McDermott, M., Lindsey, R., Shikuma,CM., Gerschenson, M., Chow DC, Kohorn LB, Hetzler RK., Kimura IF (2017) HIV Patient Systemic Mitochondrial Respiration Improves With Exercise. AIDS Research and Human Retroviruses. 2017 Jun 20.
- Kimura,IF PhD, PT, ATC (2019-2024) Principle Investigator Graduate Assistantship Grants
Current Graduate Students
- Dean, Logan Skyler. Department of Tropical Medicine, Medical Microbiology, & Pharmacology (TRMM)
- Sewell, Sadie. Department of Human Nutrition, Food and Animal Sciences (HNFAS)
May Okihiro  , MD
Department of Pediatric HICORE Director, NPCA Healthcare Task-force ChairJohn A. Burns School of Medicine- University of Hawaii at Manoa
Work Email: email@example.comINTERNET
Childhood obesity and early metabolic risk among children in Hawaii, development of obesity and ways to address the issue from clinical and community perspectives.
- Okihiro, M., Pillen, M., Ancog, C., Inda, C., & Sehgal, V. (2013). Implementing the obesity care model at a community health center in Hawaii to address childhood obesity. Journal of health care for the poor and underserved, 24(2), 1-11.