Jinzeng Yang  PhD
Associate Professor & Department Chair, Department of Human Nutrition, Food and Animal SciencesCollege of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources – University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa
Work Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgINTERNET
Skeletal Muscle Growth, Nutritional Studies on Bioactive Compounds for Obesity, Diabetes Prevention, Molecular Biology of the Metabolic Syndrome.
- Xu Y, Xu H, Wall MW, Yang J. 2020. Roles of transcription factor SQUAMOSA promoter binding protein-like gene family in papaya (Carica papaya) development and ripening, Genomics https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ygeno.2020.03.009.
- Li B, Cui W, Yang J. 2020. Enhanced skeletal muscle growth in myostatin-deficient transgenic pigs had improved glucose uptake in stretozotocin -induced diabetes. Transgenic Research. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11248-020-00194-y
- Jin CL, Ye JL, Yang J, Gao CQ, Yan HC, Li HC, Wang XQ. 2019. mTORC1 Mediates Lysine-Induced Satellite Cell Activation to Promote Skeletal Muscle Growth. Cells 8, 1549.
- Nutrient Bioavailability-Phytonutrients and Beyond, USDA-Hatch
- Post-harvest food technology and nutrition/ Bioactive Compound. USDA, 2018-20. $50K
- Role of bone morphogenic protein 11 in musculoskeletal formation and development Hawaii Community Foundation,
- Genetic Improvement of Muscle Growth for Grass-fed Beef Production, CTAHR
Current Graduate Students
- Justin Legaspi, D. graduate student in Nutrition Science, 2020 Research topic: Roles of skeletal muscle in obesity and diabetes prevention
- Dionne Sesepasara MS Graduate Student in Animal Sciences, 2020 Research Topic: Molecular regulation of skeletal muscle by myostatin propeptide