Jinzeng Yang  PhD
Associate Professor & Department Chair, Department of Human Nutrition, Food and Animal SciencesCollege of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources – University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa
Work Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgINTERNET
Skeletal Muscle Growth, Obesity, Diabetes Prevention and Epigenetic Priming of the Metabolic Syndrome.
- Qian L, Tang M, Yang J, et al. Targeted mutations in myostatin by zinc-finger nucleases result in double-muscled phenotype in Meishan pigs. Scientific Reports. 2015;5:14435. doi:10.1038/srep14435.
- Miao Y, Yang J, Xu Z, Jing L, Zhao S, Li X. RNA Sequencing Identifies Upregulated Kyphoscoliosis Peptidase and Phosphatidic Acid Signaling Pathways in Muscle Hypertrophy Generated by Transgenic Expression of Myostatin Propeptide. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. 2015; 16(4):7976-7994.
- Javed R, Jing L, Yang J, Li X, Cao J, Zhao S. 2014. miRNA Transcriptome of Hypertrophic Skeletal Muscle with Overexpressed Myostatin Propeptide. Biomed Res Int. 328935. Epub 2014 Jul 24.
- Zhou Y, Yang J, Huang J, Li T, Xu D, Zuo B, Hou L, Wu W, Zhang L, Xia X, Ma Z, Ren Z, Xiong Y. 2014. The formation of brown adipose tissue induced by transgenic over-expression of PPARγ2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 446:959-964.
- Role of bone morphogenic protein 11 in musculoskeletal formation and development Hawaii Community Foundation, 2013-2015.
- DNA-based shrimp genetic program, Oceanic Institute, 2013-2015.
- Genetic Improvement of Muscle Growth for Grass-fed Beef Production CTAHR Supplemental Fund, 2013-2015.
Current Graduate Students
- Nicole Correa, MSc graduate student in ANSC program, 2014 to present
- Joel Marh, MSc DBR student, 2013-present
- Donghyuck Choi, MBBE MSc Student, 2012-present