Mapuana Antonio  DrPH
Assistant ProfessorOffice of Public Health Studies, Myron B. Thompson School of Social Work – University of Hawaii Manoa
Personal Email: email@example.comINTERNETNo Logo Available
Community-based participatory research, chronic disease prevention (including obesity and diabetes prevention), determinants of health, resilience, and general health among Native Hawaiians.
- Antonio, M. C. K., Hyeong, J. A., Townsend Ing, C., Dillard, A., Cassel, K., Kekauoha, B. P., Kaholokula, J. K. (2016). Self-reported experiences of discrimination and depression in Native Hawaiians. Hawai'i Journal of Medicine & Public Health, 75,9, 266-272.
- Antonio, M.C.K., Chung-Do, J. J., Braun, K. L. (2015). Systematic review of interventions focusing on indigenous pre- adolescent and adolescent healthy lifestyle changes. AlterNative An International Journal of Indigenous Peoples, 11(2), 147-163.
- Antonio, M. C. K., & Chung-Do, J. J. (2015). Systematic review of interventions focusing on Indigenous adolescent mental health and substance use. American Indian and Alaska Native Mental Health Research, 22(3), 36-56. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.5820/aian.2203.2015.
Andrew Grandinetti  PhD
Specialization Head: EpidemiologyUniversity of Hawaii office of Public Health Studies
Work Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgINTERNET
Dr. Grandinetti's area of interest is on disparities in the prevalence of diabetes, diabetes complications, and cardiovascular risk factors in Hawai‘i's multi-ethnic population. He also has had a long standing collaboration with the Honolulu Asian Aging Study, and is currently reanalyzing data on the relationship of smoking history with risk for Parkinson’s disease.
- Townsend C, Takishima-Lacasa JY, Latner JD, Grandinetti A, Keawe'aimoku Kaholokula J. Ethnic and Gender Differences in Ideal Body Size and Related Attitudes among Asians, Native Hawaiians, and Whites. Hawai'i journal of medicine & public health : a journal of Asia Pacific Medicine & Public Health. 2014 Aug;73(8):236-43. PubMed PMID: 25157324.
- Maskarinec G, Jacobs S, Morimoto Y, Chock M, Grandinetti A, Kolonel LN. Disparity in Diabetes Risk Across Native Hawaiians and Different Asian Groups: The Multiethnic Cohort. Asia Pac J Public Health. 2014 Aug 27.
- Lin C, Grandinetti A, Shikuma C, Souza S, Parikh N, Nakamoto B, et al. The effects of extended release niacin on lipoprotein sub-particle concentrations in HIV-infected patients. H J Med & Pub Health. 2013 Apr;72(4):123-7.
- 2013-present. PD and smoking revisited – reanalysis of protective affect of smoking and PD using Fine and Gray’s subdistribution model for competing risks. Kuakini Medical Center, Honolulu Asia Aging Study.
- 2008-2011. Cardiovascular autonomic function in HIV virologic failure (1 K23 HL088981-01A2) Grantee: Dominic C. Chow, MD, Funding source: NIH/NHLBI, Role: mentor.