Rajesh Jha  PhD
Associate Professor, Department of Human Nutrition, Food and Animal SciencesCollege of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources – University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa
Work Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgINTERNET
Animal Nutrition, Feed Evaluation, Carbohydrate Metabolism, Fiber Fermentation, Gut Physiology and Health, In vitro Digestion and Fermentation
- R. Jha and J. D. Berrocoso (2015). Review: Dietary fiber utilization and its effects on physiological functions and gut health of swine. ANIMAL, 9:1441-1452.
- R. Jha, T. A. Woyengo, J. Li, M. R. Bedford, T. Vasanthan, and R. T. Zijlstra (2015). Enzymes enhance degradation of the fiber-starch-protein matrix of distillers dried grains with solubles as revealed by a porcine in vitro fermentation model and microscopy. Journal of Animal Science, 93:1039-1051.
- U. P. Tiwari, B. Turano, and R. Jha (2014). Nutritional characteristics and in vitro digestibility by near-infrared spectroscopy of local and hybrid napiergrass varieties grown in rain-fed and irrigated conditions. Animal Production Science, 54:1775-1778.
- T. A. Woyengo, R. Jha, E. Beltranena, A. Pharazyn, and R. T. Zijlstra (2014). Nutrient digestibility of lentil and regular- and low-oligosaccharide, micronized full-fat soybean fed to grower pigs. Journal of Animal Science, 92:229-237.
- R. Jha, J. K. Htoo, M. G. Young, E. Beltranena, and R. T. Zijlstra (2013). Effect of increasing co-product inclusion and reducing dietary protein on growth performance, carcass characteristics, and jowl fatty acid profile of grower-finisher pigs. Journal of Animal Science, 91(5):2178-2191.
Current Graduate Students (Chair)
|Amit K Singh||PhD, HNFAS home||Poultry Nutrition|
|Alyssa Haygood||PhD, MBBE home||Aquaculture Nutrition|
|Utsav P Tiwari||PhD, HNFAS home||Swine Nutrition|
|Chelsea Liu||MSc, MBBE home||Nutrition|
|Kayla Butler||MSc, HNFAS home||Ruminant Nutrition|
|Sudhir Yadav||MSc, HNFAS home||Poultry Nutrition|