Yong Li  PhD
Associate Professor, Department of Human Nutrition, Food and Animal SciencesCollege of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources – University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa
Work Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgINTERNET
Food Microbiology, Food Safety, Applied Statistics.
- Kubota, R., Labarre, P., Weigl, B.H., Li, Y., Haydock, P., and Jenkins, D.M. 2013. Molecular diagnostics in a teacup: non-instrumental nucleic acid amplification (NINA) for rapid, lost cost detection of Salmonella enterica. Chinese Science Bulletin 58:1162-1168.
- Dong, J., Kandukuru, P., Huang, A., and Li, Y. 2011. PCR-DGGE analysis of bacterial community dynamics in kava beverages during refrigeration. Letters in Applied Microbiology 53:30-34.
- Liang, N.J., Dong, J., Luo, L.X., and Li, Y. 2011. Detection of viable Salmonella on lettuce by propidium monoazide-real time PCR. Journal of Food Science 76:M234-237.
- PI, with Lee, C.N. and Dunn, M. Exploring the health benefits of lactic acid bacteria in fermented taro. US Department of Agriculture Supplemental Funds. 2014-2016
- Co-PI, with Jun, S., and Cho, C.H. Prevention of microbial adhesion in food processing environment using multifunctional nanopillared surfaces. USDA-AFRI. 2015-2018.
- Co-PI, with Jenkins, D.M., Garmire, D.G., and Mcnealy, T. New engineered approach for recovering disperse populations of low-tolerance pathogens from food. USDA-AFRI. 2014-2017.
Current Graduate Students (Chair)
- Cindy Li (MS Food Science), Recovery of pathogenic bacterial cells injured under food processing conditions.
- Saxby, Solange (PhD Nutrition), Effects of Prebiotics and Probiotics on colorectal cancers and obesity
- Lianger Dong (PhD Nutrition)