Marie Kainoa Fialkowski Revilla  PhD, RD, LDN
Assistant Professor, Department of Human Nutrition, Food and Animal SciencesCollege of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources – University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa
Work Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgINTERNET
Nutrition and Health in Indigenous Populations, Nutritional Assessment, Nutrition Education for Underserved Populations
- Esquivel M, Fialkowski MK, Aflague T, Novotny R. Engaging Head Start Teachers on Wellness Policy Implementation to Improve the Nutrition and Physical Activity Environment in Head Start Classrooms: A Qualitative Study of the Children's Healthy Living Program (CHL) in Hawai'i. J Fam Med Community Health. 2016; 3(5): 1094.
- Yamanaka A, Fialkowski MK, Wilkens L, Li F, Ettienne R, Fleming T, Power J, Deenik J, Coleman P, Leon Guerrero R, Novotny R. MK Quality Assurance of Data Collection in the Multi-site Community Randomized Trial and Prevalence Survey of the Children’s Healthy Living Program. BMC Res Notes. 2016; 9(1): 432.
- Novotny R, Li F, Fialkowski MK, Bersamin A, Tufa AJ, Deenik J, Coleman P, Leon Guerrero R, Wilkens LR. Prevalence of obesity and acanthosis nigricans among young children in the Children's Healthy Living Program in the United States Affiliated Pacific. Medicine. 2016; 95(37): e4711.
- Fialkowski MK, Yamanaka A, Wilkens LR, Braun KL, Butel J, Ettienne R, McGlone K, Remengesau S, Power JM, Johnson E, Gilmatam D, Fleming T, Acosta M, Belyeu-Camacho T, Shomour M, Sigrah C, Nigg C, Novotny R. Recruitment strategies and lessons learned from the Children’s Healthy Living Program prevalence survey. AIMS Public Health. 2016; 3(1): 140 – 157.
- Child Health Assessment for the Pacific (CHAP). 2016-2019. Novotny R and Fialkowski MK (Co-PI) University of Hawaii. USDA/NIFA. $274,780. GRANT11901095.
Current Graduate Students (Chair)
- C Kahalewale (PhD Clinical Research) Practicing Dietetics in the Pacific: Exploring needs to enhance practice in a culturally diverse environment.
- B K-Aloha (MS Nutritional Sciences) Nutrition and health in Kanaka 'ōiwi.
- A Calabrese (MS Nutritional Sciences) Assessing the relationship between diet and diabetes risk in children.