Cheryl Albright  , PhD, MPH
Professor, School of Nursing & Office Public Health StudiesSchool of Nursing & Dental Hygiene – University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa
Work Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgINTERNET
Physical Activity, Energy Balance, Body fat distribution in ethnic minorities, eHealth interventions.
- Ferrara A, Hedderson MM, Brown SD, Albright CL, Ehrlich SF, Tsai A, et.al. (2016). The comparative effectiveness of diabetes prevention strategies to reduce postpartum weight retention in women with gestational diabetes. The Gestational Diabetes’ Effects on Moms (GEM) cluster randomized controlled trial. Diabetes Care. Jan, 39(1): 65-74.
- Albright CL, Saiki K, Steffen AD, Woekel E. (2015) What barriers thwart postpartum women’s Physical Activity goals during a 12-month intervention? A process evaluation of the Nā Mikimiki Project. Women and Health. 55(1): 1-21.
- Williams AE, Stevens VJ, Albright CL, Nigg CR, Meenan R., Vogt TM. (2014) The results of a 2-year randomized trial of a worksite weight management intervention. American Journal of Health Promotion. May/June 2014; 28(5):336-9.
- Albright CL, Steffen AD, Wilkens LR, White KK, Novotny R, Nigg CR, et.al. (2014) Effectiveness of a 12-month tailored multimedia randomized trial to increase physical activity in multiethnic population of postpartum women: Hawaii’s Nā Mikimiki Project. Preventive Medicine. Oct 5, 69C:214-223.
- NIH, NCI (PO1 CA168530-01, 9/1/2012-8/31/2017). Obesity, Body Fat Distribution, and Cancer Risk in the Multiethnic Cohort. MPIs: Loic LeMarchand, MD, PhD & Unhee Lim, PhD. Cancer Epidemiology Program. University of Hawai’i Cancer Center. 2012-present, Co-Investigator.
- DHHS, HRSA (R39OT26993; 9/1/2014-8/31/2017) Using an Interactive Website, Social Media, and Gamification to Engage/Reframe Deceased Organ Donation for Asian/Pacific Islander College Students. School of Nursing and Dental Hygiene; University of Hawai’i. 2014-present, Principal Investigator.
- NIH/NIDDK (R21DK105413; 7/1/2015-6/30/2017) Brain – Gut Microbiome-Visceral Adiposity Relationships in Multiethnic Adults. 2015- present, Co-Investigator. MPIs: Unhee Lim, PhD, Linda Chang, MD, and Meredith Hullar, PhD.
Current Graduate Students
- Ashley Morris Biddle (PhD) Department of Psychology. Title: Gender stereotypes within TV shows for preschoolers and their effects on children’s stereotypes.
- Frankie Hale (PhD) School of Nursing and Dental Hygiene. Title: Impact of physical activity on nurses’ daily hassles and their positive / negative moods. (Chair)
- Siosaia Hafoka (DrPH) Office of Public Health Studies. Title: Physical Activity and the Built Environment Among Rural Residents on Oahu.
- Joanne R. Loos (PhD) Communication and Information Sciences. Title: General consumer wearables for health and fitness: Implications for physician-patient communication.
- Lexi Kaneshiro (DNP) School of Nursing and Dental Hygiene. Capstone Topic: Music and Memory.
- Aaron Summers (DNP) School of Nursing and Dental Hygiene. Capstone Topic: Post-Stroke Depression Screening. (Project Chair)