University Archives and Manuscripts Reading Room Hours
Update on department services, May 2020
The University Archives and Manuscript Collections, including Moir Reading Room, are closed for in-person service until further notice. Archivists are working remotely to support reference requests, but please be advised that responses to some inquiries will be delayed until we are back in the Library and able to access the collections.
This page will be updated as the situation changes. In the meantime, thank you for your patience, and please take care of each other.
The Moir Reading Room‘s normal hours are
However, we have reduced hours Thursday, February 27th through Friday, March 27th:
- Thursday, Feb 27th, Friday, Feb 28th, and March 10-13:
- Open 9:30-12:30; by prior appointment only 12:30-3:30
- Tuesday-Fridays: March 3rd-6th and March 17th-27th:
- Open 9:30-2; by prior appointment only 2-3:30
- Appointments may be requested by emailing email@example.com; staff will try to accommodate all requests, and apologize in advance if we are not be able to do so.
Other exceptions to the above:
- The Moir Reading Room is closed whenever Hamilton Library is closed, e.g. on state holidays such as Prince Kūhiō Day & Good Friday
- The Reading Room may also have reduced hours during interim periods; please check the Library hours calendar for the most up-to-date information
The Department is located in Hamilton Library on the 5th floor of the addition, reached by the set of elevators near the Sci-Tech reference desk. To find Hamilton Library on the University of Hawaiʻi campus, see the Campus Map.
Visitor parking is available at the Dole Street / Lower Campus Parking Structure for a flat rate of $5.00, as well as in Upper Campus green Pay-to-Park visitor stalls for $3.00 per half-hour.