News, Blogs & Events
(5 most recent)
- Portions of Sinclair Library not accessible Saturday, October 13, 2018 (10/8/2018) - Only Sinclair Library’s Grand Lobby, Heritage Reading Room, and ITS Wong Computer Lab will be accessible on Saturday, October 13, 2018. The rest of the building will be closed due to a planned power outage. Regular access to all study spaces are scheduled to resume on Sunday, October 14, 2018.
- 2nd Treasures at UH Hamilton Library Colloquia (12/27/2017) - A diverse group of over 40 participants attended the 2nd Treasures at UH Hamilton Library Colloquia on November 1, 2017. The event was named “War, Languages, and Un/intended Consequences: from Diderot to after World War Two” and it introduced resources ranging from the 18th century encyclopedia (Diderot), to dictionaries and language learning textbooks across China, ...
- Explore the Reef New Science & Technology Reference Exhibit (11/17/2017) - A selected collection of books, articles, maps, and Web sites from the vast and rich body of information available on coral reef ecosystems. In this exhibit learn the Hawaiian names for coral, identify the world’s oldest living marine species at Papahānaumokuākea, discover a new hermit crab species, and find out how YOU can participate in ...
- Pacific Collection awarded $1896 by SEED (11/17/2017) - The Pacific Collection has been awarded $1896 by the UH-M Office of Student Equity, Excellence and Diversity (SEED). The award will be used to help fund Ke Au Hou: Generations of Pacific Librarianship, an international conference that the Hawaiian & Pacific Collections are hosting in May 2018, in conjunction with the Center for Pacific Islands ...
- Japanese Suicide Bombers, 1932 – Asia Collection Department Exhibit (11/16/2017) - Asia Collection Department’s new exhibit, “Japanese Suicide Bombers, 1932” has been curated by our guest curators, Dr. Hanae Kramer of UHM School of Communications and Mr. Scott Kramer. Please come and learn part of history induced by World War II. The exhibit is from November 6, 2016 through January 12, 2018, on the 4th Floor ...
(5 most recent)
Hajichi in Okinawa and Tattoos in Taiwan
by okinawacollection on September 30, 2019 at 6:30 pm
The Asahi Shinbun Digital article has published an article on hajichi, tattoo practice, in Okinawa. The article’s headline reads,” […]
Okinawan Princess Book Talk Event in Hamilton Library
by okinawacollection on August 16, 2019 at 5:00 pm
The Okinawa Collection in Hamilton Library is pleased to announce that it will host a book talk event with the author, Lee A. Tonouchi, and the illustrator, Laura Kina, on the recently published a […]
Okinawan Princess Book Signing at HUOA
by okinawacollection on August 15, 2019 at 5:00 pm
The Hawai’i United Okinawa Association (HUOA) has announced that it will host a book signing event with the author, Lee A. Tonouchi, and the illustrator, Laura Kina, on August 17, 2019. Lee, […]
Okinawan Festival 2019
by okinawacollection on July 8, 2019 at 10:00 am
The Hawaiʻi United Okinawan Association has announced that this yearʻs Okinawan Festival will be held on Saturday, August 31 & Sunday, September 1 at the Hawaiʻi Convention Center. […]
Our Island’s Treasure Public Screening
by okinawacollection on June 26, 2019 at 11:30 am
Hawai’i Film Premier & Community Talk Event Documentary Film: Our Island’s Treasure (=私達の島の宝） Date: Sunday, June 30, 2019 Time: 5 PM […]