News, Blogs & Events
(5 most recent)
- Wong Audiovisual Center Relocating to Hamilton Library (12/6/2019) - The Wong Audiovisual Center will close December 21 for relocation to Hamilton Library. Access to the physical collection will be inaccessible for approximately three weeks. It is anticipated the collection will be available in Hamilton Library at the start of the Spring 2020 semester (January 13, 2020). Due to unanticipated delays, the audiovisual collection will ...
- Library Transitions to a New Library Services Platform (11/4/2019) - On December 18, 2019, UHM Library Services and all other libraries in the UH system will go live with a new library services platform called Alma and its discovery layer called PrimoVE. The new system will replace our out-dated Voyager system and the front-end public access catalog Hawaiʻi Voyager. Alma will provide our libraries with ...
- Portions of Sinclair Library not accessible Saturday, October 13, 2018 (10/8/2018) - Only Sinclair Library’s Grand Lobby, Heritage Reading Room, and ITS Wong Computer Lab will be accessible on Saturday, October 13, 2018. The rest of the building will be closed due to a planned power outage. Regular access to all study spaces are scheduled to resume on Sunday, October 14, 2018.
- 2nd Treasures at UH Hamilton Library Colloquia (12/27/2017) - A diverse group of over 40 participants attended the 2nd Treasures at UH Hamilton Library Colloquia on November 1, 2017. The event was named “War, Languages, and Un/intended Consequences: from Diderot to after World War Two” and it introduced resources ranging from the 18th century encyclopedia (Diderot), to dictionaries and language learning textbooks across China, ...
- Explore the Reef New Science & Technology Reference Exhibit (11/17/2017) - A selected collection of books, articles, maps, and Web sites from the vast and rich body of information available on coral reef ecosystems. In this exhibit learn the Hawaiian names for coral, identify the world’s oldest living marine species at Papahānaumokuākea, discover a new hermit crab species, and find out how YOU can participate in ...
(5 most recent)
An Invitation to Celebrate: the 1979 Establishment of Asian Pacific American Heritage Week
by UH Archives on May 1, 2020 at 5:24 pm
Reports of racism and xenophobia, along with the disproportionate way that COVID-19 has been impacting our communities, are bringing an increased sense of urgency to May 2020’s Asian Pacific […]
New Online Exhibit – THE LUCIANO MINERBI COLLECTION: 50 years of collaborative Community Activism through Urban and Regional Planning
by UH Archives on April 24, 2020 at 1:09 am
The UH Mānoa Archives is pleased to announce “The Luciano Minerbi Collection: 50 years of collaborative community activism through urban and regional planning,” an […]
Aloha from the new Congressional Papers Archivist!
by UH Archives on April 13, 2020 at 6:48 pm
Aloha kākou! I’m Dawn Sueoka, and I’m delighted to join the UH Mānoa Library’s Archives & Manuscripts Department as the new Congressional Papers Archivist. A little […]
CTAHR History: Wahiawa Pineapple Festival Exhibition and Recipes from the Cooperative Extension Service
by UH Archives on April 3, 2020 at 12:31 am
Some of the oldest records in the University Archives are found in the College of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources (CTAHR) collection. Act 24 signed by Governor Carter on May 24, 1907 […]
Updates on University Archives & Manuscripts services
by UH Archives on March 20, 2020 at 9:15 pm
As noted by our colleagues in the Library’s Hawaiian & Pacific Collections, Hamilton Library is operating under extraordinary circumstances. While the Archives’ reading room hours […]