News, Blogs & Events
(5 most recent)
- Wong Audiovisual Center Relocating to Hamilton Library (12/6/2019) - The Wong Audiovisual Center will close December 21 for relocation to Hamilton Library. Access to the physical collection will be inaccessible for approximately three weeks. It is anticipated the collection will be available in Hamilton Library at the start of the Spring 2020 semester (January 13, 2020). Due to unanticipated delays, the audiovisual collection will ...
- Library Transitions to a New Library Services Platform (11/4/2019) - On December 18, 2019, UHM Library Services and all other libraries in the UH system will go live with a new library services platform called Alma and its discovery layer called PrimoVE. The new system will replace our out-dated Voyager system and the front-end public access catalog Hawaiʻi Voyager. Alma will provide our libraries with ...
- Portions of Sinclair Library not accessible Saturday, October 13, 2018 (10/8/2018) - Only Sinclair Library’s Grand Lobby, Heritage Reading Room, and ITS Wong Computer Lab will be accessible on Saturday, October 13, 2018. The rest of the building will be closed due to a planned power outage. Regular access to all study spaces are scheduled to resume on Sunday, October 14, 2018.
- 2nd Treasures at UH Hamilton Library Colloquia (12/27/2017) - A diverse group of over 40 participants attended the 2nd Treasures at UH Hamilton Library Colloquia on November 1, 2017. The event was named “War, Languages, and Un/intended Consequences: from Diderot to after World War Two” and it introduced resources ranging from the 18th century encyclopedia (Diderot), to dictionaries and language learning textbooks across China, ...
- Explore the Reef New Science & Technology Reference Exhibit (11/17/2017) - A selected collection of books, articles, maps, and Web sites from the vast and rich body of information available on coral reef ecosystems. In this exhibit learn the Hawaiian names for coral, identify the world’s oldest living marine species at Papahānaumokuākea, discover a new hermit crab species, and find out how YOU can participate in ...
(5 most recent)
Full-Texts Available: The Okinawan Journal of Regional Science for Small Islands and The Okinawan Journal of Island Studies
by Sachiko Iwabuchi 岩渕祥子 on September 25, 2020 at 3:46 am
Full-Texts Available Online: The First Volume (September 2020) of the Okinawan Journal of Regional Science for Small Islands The Research Institute for Islands and Sustainability (RIIS) at the […]
Learning Eisa: An Online Event by the Okinawa Memories Initiative at UC Santa Cruz
by Sachiko Iwabuchi 岩渕祥子 on September 18, 2020 at 10:59 pm
Online Community Event on Okinawa at the University of California, Santa Cruz Update from the event organizer (September 24, 2020) This Friday's event will feature Aiko Majikina, teacher […]
The Hakuhodo Foundation Japanese Research Fellowship - Deadline 30 October 2020
by Sachiko Iwabuchi 岩渕祥子 on September 14, 2020 at 10:23 pm
The application deadline for the application is approaching! For those who are interested in applying for the 16th Hakuhodo Foundation Japanese Research Fellowship, the deadline is October 30, […]
2020 Virtual Okinawan Festival
by okinawacollection on August 25, 2020 at 8:30 pm
The Hawai’i United Okinawa Association (HUOA) announced that it would have its annual Hawai’i Okinawan Festival virtually this year. https://www.okinawanfestival.com/ Date: September 4, 5, & […]
Webinar: 120th Anniversary of Okinawan Immigration to Hawai'i
by Sachiko Iwabuchi 岩渕祥子 on August 25, 2020 at 12:00 am
In commemoration of the 120th Anniversary of Okinawan Immigration, the Hawaiʻi United Okinawa Association is proud to partner with the University of Hawai'i at Mānoa Center for Okinawan Studies […]