News, Blogs & Events
(5 most recent)
- UHM Library is now providing a full access to The Chronicle of Higher Education
July 29, 2020
The Chronicle is the leading trade publication on issues related to the higher education. The Chronicle is published every weekday and is the top destination for news, advice, and jobs for people in academia.
- Hamilton Library Loan Service
June 26, 2020
Hamilton Library would like to remind patrons that the InterLibrary Loan Service is currently limited due to COVID-19. Hamilton Library aims to return to "normal" InterLibrary Loan for fall semester. However, our ability to fill the requests for physical loans will depend on several factors.
- Statement on Racial Justice
June 9, 2020
Black Lives Matter. The University of Hawaiʻi Hamilton Library stands with our black faculty, students, and all people of color across the US and Oceania. We condemn and call for an immediate end of police brutality and the dismantling of systems of oppression. We acknowledge our kuleana to one another, not only for personal care but for individual and collective action to make a difference in the world.
- Urban Planning Emeritus Professor Shares Life’s Work
May 20, 2020
Luciano Minerbi has contributed his life’s collaborative work to the field of urban planning through education, research and community service at the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa, as well as in communities throughout Hawaiʻi and the Pacific region. Over the course of his 50-year career since 1969, the emeritus professor from UH Mānoa's Department of Urban and Regional Planning (DURP) has amassed a collection which he is donating and is making available for scholarly research at the UH Mānoa Library University Archives.
- More of Hamilton's collection is now available through Hathi Trust
April 8, 2020
HathiTrust is the largest digital library in the world. University of Hawaii is a member and students and faculty regularly have full access to the 7 million items that are in the Public Domain. HathiTrust has taken the important step and opened up copyrighted material in their digital library to member institutions with copies of those items in their physical collections. This Extended Access will endure during the COVID crisis.
(5 most recent)
- Now Accepting Applications: Japan Society for the Promotion of Science Fellowshipby Sachiko Iwabuchi 岩渕祥子 on November 16, 2020 at 8:32 pm
The Applications Open Now: The Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) Fellowship The Social Science Research Council (SSRC) in Japan announced that the Japan Society for the […]
- Online Book Talk with Dr. Zulueta: Transnational Identities on Okinawa’s Military Basesby Sachiko Iwabuchi 岩渕祥子 on November 10, 2020 at 7:02 pm
Online Book Talk with Dr. Zulueta: Transnational Identities on Okinawa’s Military Bases The Center for Okinawan Studies is delighted to host an online book talk with Dr. Johanna Zulueta, […]
- Images from the Hawai‘i Congressional Papers Collectionby UH Archives on November 5, 2020 at 10:47 pm
Many of the inquiries received by the Hawai‘i Congressional Papers Collection over the years are requests for images–images of Hawai‘i’s members of Congress by themselves, images of them […]
- Full-Texts in PDF Available: Journals from the Institute for Okinawa Studies at Hosei Universityby Sachiko Iwabuchi 岩渕祥子 on October 29, 2020 at 12:09 am
Some Issues Available in Full-Texts: Okinawa Bunka Kenkyū and Ryukyu no Hōgen from the Institute for Okinawan Studies at Hosei University Some of the issues of Okinawa Bunka Kenkyū and […]
- Full-Texts Available: The Okinawan Journal of Regional Science for Small Islands and The Okinawan Journal of Island Studiesby Sachiko Iwabuchi 岩渕祥子 on September 25, 2020 at 3:46 am
Full-Texts Available Online: The First Volume (September 2020) of the Okinawan Journal of Regional Science for Small Islands The Research Institute for Islands and Sustainability (RIIS) at the […]