University Archives and Manuscript Collections Reading Room Hours
- Tuesdays and Fridays: 11-3:30
- Wednesdays and Thursdays: 9:30-2
NOTE: This Fall there are a few weeks when the Moir Reading Room will be open by appointment only. Appointments may be made by emailing us at email@example.com, and can be scheduled within our regular hours, listed above. We will not be able to accommodate walk-in researchers during these times. Specifically:
- Tuesday, October 24th – Friday, October 27th
- Tuesday, November 21st – Friday, November 24th
- Friday, December 22nd – Friday, December 29th
- The Moir Reading Room will be closed whenever Hamilton Library is closed, e.g. on state and Federal holidays.
- The Reading Room may also have reduced hours during interim periods; please check the Library hours calendar for the most up-to-date information.
- While appointments are not normally required during the academic year (i.e. fall and spring semesters), researchers are strongly encouraged to inform Archives staff in advance of their visit to ensure that materials are available and ready when they arrive.
Reading Room Procedures
A list of the reading room guidelines is available on our “Reading Room Procedures” page.
The Department is located in Hamilton Library on the 5th floor of the addition, reached by the set of elevators across the “bridge” from the main entrance, near the Sci-Tech reference desk. For more details, see the Library floor plans. To find Hamilton Library on the University of Hawaiʻi – Mānoa campus, see the Campus Map.
Visitor parking is available at the Dole Street / Lower Campus Parking Structure for a flat rate of $5.00, as well as in Upper Campus green Pay-to-Park visitor stalls for $3.00 per half-hour.