University Archives and Manuscript Collections Reading Room Hours
Fall 2022 (through Friday, December 16th)
The University Archives and Manuscript Collections Department’s Moir Reading Room is open during the following times:
- Tuesdays and Fridays: 11-3:30
- Wednesdays and Thursdays: 9:30-2
Interim 2022-2023 (Monday, December 19th – Friday, January 6th)
During the winter Interim the schedule for Moir will be:
- December 19th – 23rd and January 2nd – 6th: By appointment only. Appointments may be scheduled for any time within the normal Fall semester hours listed above, but must be made at least two business days in advance. Please email email@example.com for an appointment.
- December 26th – 30th: Closed.
- The Moir Reading Room will be closed whenever Hamilton Library is closed, e.g. on state and Federal holidays.
- The Reading Room may also have reduced hours during interim periods; please check the Library hours calendar for the most up-to-date information.
- While appointments are not required during normal semester hours, researchers may still wish to inform Archives staff in advance of their visit to ensure that materials are available and ready when they arrive.
Note: As of Friday, September 16th, the UH System no longer requires masks indoors. However, masking remains strongly recommended in indoor settings on campus. In line with this new guidance we ask that researchers wear masks in the Moir Reading Room, but do not require it.
Reading Room Procedures
A list of the reading room guidelines is available on our “Reading Room Procedures” page.
The Department is located in Hamilton Library on the 5th floor of the addition, reached by the set of elevators across the “bridge” from the main entrance, near the Sci-Tech reference desk. For more details, see the Library floor plans. To find Hamilton Library on the University of Hawaiʻi – Mānoa campus, see the Campus Map.
Visitor parking is available at the Dole Street / Lower Campus Parking Structure for a flat rate of $5.00, as well as in Upper Campus green Pay-to-Park visitor stalls for $3.00 per half-hour.