University Archives and Manuscript Collections Reading Room Hours
Summer 2023 (through Friday, August 18th)
For the summer the University Archives and Manuscript Collections Department’s Moir Reading Room is open by appointment only. To request an appointment email firstname.lastname@example.org; appointments may be scheduled during the following hours:
- Tuesdays and Fridays: 11-3:30
- Wednesdays and Thursdays: 9:30-2
- The Moir Reading Room will be closed whenever Hamilton Library is closed, e.g. on state and Federal holidays.
- The Reading Room may also have reduced hours during interim periods; please check the Library hours calendar for the most up-to-date information.
- While appointments are not required during the normal academic year (i.e. fall and spring semesters), researchers are encouraged to inform Archives staff in advance of their visit to ensure that materials are available and ready when they arrive.
Reading Room Procedures
A list of the reading room guidelines is available on our “Reading Room Procedures” page.
The Department is located in Hamilton Library on the 5th floor of the addition, reached by the set of elevators across the “bridge” from the main entrance, near the Sci-Tech reference desk. For more details, see the Library floor plans. To find Hamilton Library on the University of Hawaiʻi – Mānoa campus, see the Campus Map.
Visitor parking is available at the Dole Street / Lower Campus Parking Structure for a flat rate of $5.00, as well as in Upper Campus green Pay-to-Park visitor stalls for $3.00 per half-hour.
Please view the University’s Visitor Parking Map or visit UH Commuter Services for additional information, as well as to double-check current parking rates.