Permits for parking on the UH Mānoa campus provide a substantial savings compared to daily cash rates. Faculty, emeritus faculty, staff are eligible for semester or yearlong permits. Students are eligible for semester-based permits. Regular visitors and contractors may obtain temporary permits.
2020-2021 Parking Permits
|Surface (All zones except Zone 20)1||$283||$849|
|Structure (Zone 20)1||$200||$600|
1 Sale and refund values prorate on the 1st and 16th of the month
2 Sale and refund values prorate at the midpoint of the semester on October 16, March 16, and July 1
3 Sale and refund values prorate on the 16th of each month
Regulations Regarding Parking Permits
- Only one permit per vehicle type may be purchased per person and is to be used solely for the vehicle for which it is issued
- Proper permits/passes must be displayed at all times in plain view.
- Cars and trucks: on the dashboard or rear-view mirror;
- Motorcycles and mopeds: affixed on the left handlebar.
- A Surface permit/pass designates a specific parking zone where the vehicle may be parked; it does not, however, guarantee a space in that specific Surface parking area. Permit holders are always guaranteed a space in the Lower Campus Parking Structure (Zone 20).
- A permit for a Surface lot is not transferable to any other Surface lot, but may be used to park in the Lower Campus Parking Structure (Zone 20).
- Student permits may only be used to park in the designated zone, unless out of zone parking is permissible (see final regulation below).
- All valid parking permits are issued solely by the authority of UHM Commuter Services.
- The use or possession of a(n) invalid, expired, counterfeit, altered, defaced, illegally transferred, or stolen permit/pass is prohibited and will result in a citation and/or towing.
- Permit requirement is enforced Monday – Saturday, except during State Holidays and special events*.
- Vehicles displaying valid permits are allowed to park out of zone between 4pm – 6:30am Monday – Friday, all day Saturday, Sunday, and State Holidays*. Out of zone parking not allowed in areas reserved for special events/conditions.
*Zone 8, 19, 21 permit requirement enforced 24 hours daily and reserved for respective permit holders only (no out of zone parking allowed except for Medical Permits).
Read further UHM Parking Regulations
For your convenience, you may now pay for permits and citations online with a credit card.
Lost or Stolen Permits
Report a missing or stolen permit.. File this report with the parking office to request a permit replacement. A $10 administrative fee is assessed to re-issue lost or stolen permits. Your previous permit number will be placed on a lost/stolen permit list and any vehicle using this permit will be subject to immediate tow.
You may exchange your permit, upon approval and based on your department’s parking allocations, for a $10 processing fee. Additional fees may apply if you are exchanging permits with different fee structures.