Enterprise Carshare vehicles are temporarily suspended.
Enterprise CarShare is smart.
Car Sharing is when members of a community, like the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa, share a fleet of vehicles. With car sharing, you can have a vehicle at your fingertips when you need one, but won’t have all the hassle and expense of having a car on campus when you don’t!
Enterprise CarShare is simple.
- First, you must be a member to participate:
Personal Business Application Fee (one-time) $20$10 FREE Membership Fee (annual) $50$35 FREE
- Visit here for membership materials. Membership information along with your key card will be sent to you once your membership has been processed.
- Whenever you need to reserve a car, simply go online to place your reservation. The UHM Enterprise CarShare cars are available for rent 24 hours/day, seven days a week.
- With a valid reservation online, you just access the vehicle with a swipe of your key card and you’re off!
- The vehicle must be returned to the reserved Enterprise CarShare parking space by the end of the reservation time.
Enterprise CarShare is economical.
With this program, members only use a vehicle when they need one, which means they only pay for a vehicle when they need one. For UH departments that currently own a State vehicle, but use it only infrequently, it could make sense to switch to Enterprise CarShare. Members pay a low hourly rate which includes gas, physical damage protection, and maintenance. Each Enterprise CarShare vehicle has its own RESERVED parking space. No more hunting for a parking space or paying for permits.
Plus, become a PERSONAL USE member now and receive a $35 driving credit.*
Rental rates for personal or business use, include up to 200 free miles ($.20/additional mile), gas, UHM parking spot, and damage/liability coverage**
$10 – $12/hour
$70 – $84/daily
$40 – $50/overnight (6pm – 8am)
For rental periods longer than 24 hours, see Extended Rentals section below.
Enterprise CarShare is good for the environment.
Studies have shown that similar car sharing programs have been successful in significantly reducing the number of vehicles on the road (up to 15 personal vehicles for each car-share vehicle). In addition, the Enterprise CarShare vehicles on the Mānoa campus are all hybrid vehicles.
Who can use Enterprise CarShare?
UH Mānoa faculty, staff, and students 21 years of age or older are eligible to apply for membership. Find more membership information here.
Two types of memberships
- Personal use: UHM faculty, staff, and students at least 21 years old, with a valid driver’s license, are eligible to apply for membership. Find more membership information here.
- Business use: For departments looking for cost-savings, all University employees 21 years or older with valid drivers license are eligible to apply for the program. Members may use a Pcard or Interdepartmental Order (IDO) to rent.
Where are the Enterprise CarShare cars located?
The UH Mānoa Enterprise CarShare fleet currently consists of four hybrid vehicles. They are parked in reserved stalls, one at each of these locations:
|Varney Circle||Chevy Volt (Compact)||$10|
|Hale Wainani||Jeep Compass (SUV)||$12|
|Gateway House||Ford Focus (Compact)||$10|
|Behind POST Building||Toyota Prius (Compact)||$10|
Extended rentals on campus
UHM employees age 21 or older can now access a vehicle for a rental period of a day or more from the Enterprise Rent-A-Car location at 1951 East-West Road, Room 118, in the Auxiliary Services building. Available for rent are the full line of makes and models, from Economy to SUV and mini-vans. Make a reservation by calling (808) 943-1807 or clicking here.
* Certain restrictions and additional requirements regarding Enterprise CarShare membership apply and can be found at enterprisecarshare.com. Driving credit offer applies to only time and mileage charges for rentals. Offer cannot be transferred, applied to previous rentals or balances owed, or other fees or charges and has no actual cash or surrender value. Offer cannot be combined with other offers, promotions or discounts.
** For additional information on the Enterprise CarShare Damage/Liability Coverage Plan and the Enterprise CarShare Fuel Policy, please consult the Terms and Conditions of Use. Taxes will apply.