- Should demonstrate your education, most relevant experiences, volunteer work, and awards
- Begin ASAP and add to it throughout your academic career
- Draft your résumé with the reader in mind.
- Understand that a résumé is a sales tool, not an autobiography.
- Make it visually clean and clear. What will an employer see in 30 seconds? 5 seconds?
- Be scrupulously honest. Exaggerations or misrepresentations will damage your reputation and professional relationships.
- What were your primary responsibilities?
- What skills did you develop/use?
- What are some specific examples you can give of your work?
- What tasks or projects did you undertake?
- What was your overall impact at your place of employment?