Ma ka hana ka ‘ike.
In working, one learns.
ʻŌlelo noʻeau, No. 2088
2022-2023 Field Experience Updates!
Initiate Field Experience – for all newly enrolled students.
Specialization Declaration – for all Specialization Year students including newly enrolled Advanced Standing students.
All other Field Forms – Hours Request, Variable Credit Request, Employment-Based Placement
Field Education Recorded Interview – to be completed and added to your EXXAT Profile.
Field Placement Process Overview
Confirm Your Field Placement
Confirm your placement in EXXAT by answering “Yes” to the question – Is your Field Site confirmed? This question will be found under Placement Details –> To Do List –> ? Offer Confirmation.
Join our Field Education 'Ohana!
Field Instructors & Field Sites needed statewide!
As social work students learn in their field placements, they give back to the communities and agencies in which they are placed.
Graduate and undergraduate field students:
- Provide direct services to individual clients in the office, in homes, or in the community.
- Do assessments, provide case management, and make referrals.
- Facilitate groups and work with communities.
- Participate in agency recruitment efforts.
- Draft intervention plans, client goals, and program reports.
- Support legislation in advocacy for agency services.
- Complete required documentation and client data entry.
- Research and compare best practice interventions.
Suggest a Field Site
Do you know of an agency or organization that you think would make a great training ground for social work students? Complete the “Suggest a Field Site” form located below and our Field Office will reach out to them.