2015 Educational Policy and Accreditation Standards for BSW and MSW Programs, Developed by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
The Field Office conducts site visits of each student at their field site at least once during their field experience. In meeting with the student and Field Instructor, the Field Office is able to:
- Assist the Field Instructor/Agency in establishing and maintaining an effective learning environment.
- Assist and support the Field Instructor/Agency in the role of field educator.
- Monitor the student’s learning experience and intervene when learning impediments or difficulties are identified.
The Site Visit generally lasts sixty minutes. A record of the Site Visit is kept by the Field Office through the completion of a Site Visit Addendum form and will focus on the following areas:
- Student Activities
- Physical Work Environment
- Learning Environment
- Is the student progressing in practice skills and knowledge and in her/his professional development goals?
- Any additional information that is relevant to the overall evaluation of this practicum site.
Field Instructors are able to get a hawaii.edu email account with their appointment as an Adjunct Faculty member. Complete the appointment form located here.
Or create a Gmail account with an existing email address. Learn more at the following web tutorial.