skip to Main Content


Social Work Convocation LiveStream

Watch a live stream of today’s Convocation Ceremony by visiting our YouTube Channel.


BSW degree candidates

Online Application for Degree at

MSW & PhD degree candidates

Graduate Application for Degree can be downloaded from the Graduate Division Forms website (under “Graduation”) and submitted to  

A $30 fee will be charged to your MyUH after the application for graduation has been processed.

UH Manoa Commencement Ceremony

An optional campus-wide ceremony to be held on Saturday, May 13, 2023.

Information about participating in the Spring UH Manoa commencement ceremony will be updated at

Degree Verification

For students interested in becoming licensed in the State of Hawaii, you will be required to submit your official transcript to the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs (DCCA).  Upon graduation, degrees are conferred and posted to student records within 10 weeks following the semester for which you applied for graduation.  This means for licensing purposes that you will need to wait up to 10 weeks after graduation to send your official transcript.

The DCCA has allowed the Department of Social Work to provide a “degree completed” letter allowing new graduates to move forward with the licensing process by stipulating that the degree requirements have been fulfilled but the official degree conferral is in process and will take up to 10 weeks. This letter is sent directly to DCCA on the applicant’s request after grades have been posted and an internal audit by the Student Services Office is completed. We are unable to provide this letter until grades have been posted.

The “degree completed” letter provides DCCA with the necessary information to verify that you have met criteria so that you may register for the licensing exam. The “degree completed” letter does not fulfill the requirements noted on the licensing application which stipulates an official transcript must be submitted.  You will still need to request an official transcript to be sent after your degree is officially conferred.  Official transcripts come from the UH Manoa Office of the Registrar, there should be an option to HOLD FOR DEGREE so that they will not mail it to DCCA until after your degree has posted.

Those interested in a “degree completed” letter can contact the SW Student Services Office directly at  he Department will coordinate generating the letter and the required signatures once the program requirements are fulfilled.

Back To Top