skip to Main Content

BSW Resources

Licensure and State Authorization

Once the student has completed the Bachelor’s in Social Work program and has successfully completed the application paperwork with the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs, including passing the ASWB’s Bachelors examination, they  will be eligible to obtain a state license as a Licensed Bachelor Social Worker (LBSW) in the State of Hawaiʻi. The University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa, Thompson School of Social Work & Public Health, Department of Social Work may not be able to confirm whether a particular program meets the professional licensure requirements outside of the State of Hawaiʻi and recommends that the student contact the respective professional licensing board to determine the licensure requirements in the state in which the student wishes to practice.

University of Hawaii at Manoa OVCAA Professional Licensure Disclosure 

Back To Top