State 4-H Leader Dr. Jeff Goodwin installs the 2016-18 officers with candy bars with names “highlighting” officer duties!
(L-R): President Patsy Y. Iwasaki, Vice President Verna Eguires, Treasurer Joyce Yamada and Secretary Patti Anne Takaura
The Hawaii State 4-H Leaders Federation is open to all volunteer 4-H Leaders with the objectives:
- To operate the state 4-H leaders’ organization composed of registered, dues-paying county 4-H leaders.
- To help develop the social, education, and professional growth and development of 4-H leaders throughout the state.
- To support the understanding of the roles of volunteer 4-H adult leaders as required by the Cooperative Extension Service.
- To partner with the Cooperative Extensive Service in making 4-H club policies, developing leader training, and exchanging ideas.
- The club is organized exclusively for charitable, educational and scientific purposes including, for such purposes, the making of distributions to organizations that qualify as exempt organizations under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or the corresponding section of any future federal tax code.
- The club agrees to comply with all applicable UH Extension policies and procedures governing Hawaii 4-H and agrees that the County 4-H Youth Development Professional has all necessary and proper authority to oversee the Club to ensure the Club’s compliance. Hawaii 4-H Foundation is authorized to include the Club in a group tax exemption. The Club will supply all necessary documentation to ensure the Club’s inclusion in a group tax exemption.
The Biennial Meeting is an assembly attended by all registered, dues-paying Federation members, with voting rights. The Executive Board shall meet prior to the Biennial Meeting, unless otherwise ordered by the Executive Board, and within six (6) months after the Biennial Meeting. Special meetings may be called by three (3) members of the Executive Board, with a minimum of two (2) weeks notice given. The Executive Board may give notice and meet by electronic means.