Presentation Practice Rooms
Two Presentation Practice Rooms for UHM students to use are located in the Science and Technology area of the first floor of the Hamilton Library Addition. Each room is equipped with a Windows computer, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Office Viewers, an LCD projector, projection screen, white board, and a work table with chairs. The first of their kind on campus, the Presentation Practice Rooms give students the opportunity to rehearse a presentation before giving it at a conference, in class, or for an interview. There is enough space to have a small peer audience critique the presentation. Students can bring their own cameras to video a presentation and critique it for improvement.
Presentation Practice Rooms Policies & Procedures
- Use of the rooms is on a reservation basis only.
- Rooms are for presentation practice
- Do Not move furniture in or out of the room
- Do Not cover the windows of the room
- Respect other library users by keeping the door closed and refraining from loud noises
- Library security personnel patrol the rooms regularly
- Abuse of the rooms may result in loss of future use of the rooms
- Report room equipment problems to: Science & Technology Reference Desk (Monday-Friday: 9 am – 4 pm, only); all other times to the Circulation Desk at the entrance to the Library
- NO SMOKING! – NO FOOD! – NO DRINKS! (except water in covered containers)
- KEEP ROOM CLEAN
- BE GREEN: TURN OFF room lights, projector and computer when finished
- Use only non-permanent, dry erase markers on white boards
- Users are responsible for any breakage, damage and/or missing equipment
- Valid UH Manoa ID card required – UHM Students Only
- Reservations required
- RESERVE a room online for the desired date and time (Use the name that appears on your ID). When you sign up online, you will receive immediate email notification. To secure your reservation you must confirm your reservation within 30 minutes using the link provided in the email.
- Reserve in 1 hour blocks up to a maximum of 3 hours per day
- No more than 2 reservations to be made by the same person per week
- Rooms must be vacated 45-minutes prior to the closing time of the Library (no reservations accepted 1 hour before the closing time of the Library)
- To gain entrance to your reserved presentation room, present your UHM ID to a Circulation Desk employee who will accompany you to the room and unlock it