New Student Orientation (NSO) is our first contact with prospective cadets, who have already registered for AS101 and AS101L, and a chance for you and your families to learn about our program and get oriented to cadet life. NSO will open with a general information briefing for students and parents, then we’ll progress into a full day of Formal Cadet Intake. Student attendees will spend the next few hours with upper level cadets learning about the program and being taught basic skills for success. Please see our full schedule below as well as a list of actions and documents we’ll need for a smooth in-processing.
NSO will be online held on 21 Aug 2020. Sign up here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/air-force-rotc-detachment-175-new-student-orientation-nso-tickets-112529043398
Friday, 21 Aug
0850 – Sign-In
0900 – Cadre Briefing
0910 – Cadet Wing Commander Briefing
0920 – Core Values, Customs and Courtesies, Uniform Briefing
0940 – Club Presentations
1010 – Intro to Drill
1050 – Icebreakers
1120 – Cadet Q & A
1120 – Parent Q & A
1200 – Dismissal
Saturday, 22 Aug
1. IMPORTANT: If you have not completed in-processing, please bring your original: Birth Certificate or Passport, Social Security Card, High School Diploma, and Selective Service Number (males). (Don’t worry, we’ll return these to you the same day, we just need to verify citizenship status and military eligibility.) All other forms can be completed and uploaded in WINGS.
2. Please use the link below to begin the AFROTC registration process by creating an account in WINGS and completing the initial survey.
3. Please fill these out in advance and scan into your WINGS account. Once all your forms have been uploaded and your application is complete, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will ensure completion. Note: Updated forms uploaded as of 23 Jun 2020.
4. On the day of: Come dressed in Business Casual with close toed shoes. We recommend you bring a water bottle, pen, and laptop (required).
5. Cadets applying from schools other than UH Manoa, UHWO, and HCC, please email us once you have created your WINGS account.
If you have any questions, you can contact the Detachment at 808-956-7734 or email@example.com.