Remote Resources for University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa Library Users
The University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa Library is committed to student success and supporting teaching and learning, and during this time of online instruction, the Library is offering remote consultation, reference and assistance, via Ask a Librarian (chat, email, or phone) or by contacting your Subject Librarian.
The Library offers a rich collection of online resources including streaming video, ebooks, databases, ejournals, and digital special collections:
- Find Books, Articles and More
- Databases for your research – Please check out additional databases during COVID under New/Trial Databases
- Hathi Trust – 7 million volumes from US research libraries including 40% of UH Mānoa’s collection (HathiTrust ETAS). More information on accessing UH Mānoa’s collection through Hathi https://manoa.hawaii.edu/library/news/more-hathi-trust/. ETAS will end on August 22, 2021.
- Digital collections
- Library Guides for courses, subjects, and research basics
We are not requesting or receiving InterLibrary Loan requests for physical books. University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa students, faculty, and staff can place a request to our Interlibrary Loan (ILL) for copies of articles and book chapters. If an entire book is urgently required, please contact email@example.com directly about alternatives. We will update you about our ability to provide this to you via email.
If you have questions about using our online resources you can email or chat with a librarian . The chat service is staffed by University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa Librarians and staff and will be available:
- Monday-Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Subject experts are available to University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa students and faculty for one-on-one consultations online. Please schedule an online consultation via email. Faculty can also arrange for a librarian to provide remote instruction for their courses.
Libraries Contact Information
- Subject librarians
- Ask a Librarian
- Access Services/Circulation (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Interlibrary Loan (email@example.com)
- Library Administration