Student Enrollment Process & Tuition Deadlines
Updated: April 17, 2021
Because of the uncertainty surrounding the COVID-19 situation, HELP has extended enrollment and payment deadlines in order to allow for increased flexibility for students.
Application & Enrollment Process
HELP intends to hold all 2021 courses in-person.
New international students who want to enroll full-time in HELP’s Academic English program will need to apply for an F-1 student visa. New students should frequently check the status of their local U.S. Embassy and apply for visa interviews as soon as they are available.
Students who want to enroll in HELP’s courses remotely should contact us for options.
Entry to the United States
Students entering the U.S. during COVID-19 should be careful to check for any travel restrictions.
Entry to Hawaii
Currently, Hawaii requires a mandatory 10-day quarantine for all travelers coming from the U.S. mainland or international travel. Violations of the mandatory quarantine may result in a large monetary fine or arrest.
Starting October 15, 2020, travelers have the option to show a negative COVID-19 test as an alternative to the 10-day travel quarantine. The test must be done BEFORE arriving in Hawaii, within 72 hours of departure. The test must also be from a State-approved lab.
Starting November 6, 2020, travelers from Japan have the option to take a COVID-19 test from a trusted testing partner in Japan. The test must be done BEFORE arriving in Hawaii, within 72 hours of departure.
Please keep up-to-date with State of Hawaii Travel requirements at:
- Hawaii State Department of Health – Safe Travels Program
- Hawaii Tourism Authority – COVID-19 Information (日本語)
- Hawaii Department of Transportation – Hawaii Traveler Information COVID-19 updates
- HELP’s application requirements remain unchanged. Please see application requirements on our Apply page.
- HELP commits to processing all applications within 2 business days of receiving the student’s completed application.
- We encourage all applicants to submit their application documents by email for fastest processing.
- Interested students should apply to HELP as soon as possible, even if their local U.S. embassy is closed.
- All acceptance documents including the Form I-20 will be sent to the student digitally only via secure email for fastest delivery. USCIS guidance allows us to issue the Form I-20 digitally during the COVID-19 pandemic. The digital I-20 is official.
- Accepted students will be required to complete a short pre-test to determine possible level placement. Students will still be required to take HELP’s full placement test upon arrival for official level placement.
- New students are required to bring a laptop or similar device to access class materials and complete asynchronous assignments such as watching videos or completing online tasks.
Payment & Refund Policies
- The HELP application fee of $125 is a one-time fee, due with the student’s application.
- If a student needs to defer their start date for any reason, we will transfer the fee to the next term. The student will not need to re-pay the application fee.
- If a student is denied a visa, we will refund the $125 application fee.
- Tuition cost for 2021 terms will remain unchanged. See our Tuition & Fees page for details.
- Tuition & fees will be due before the first day of classes.
- Students who cancel their enrollment a minimum of 72 hours before the term begins will receive a 100% refund on any tuition & fees paid for the current term. Any tuition & fee payments may also be transferred to a future term or other services.