TN Workers

The TN nonimmigrant classification is used for professionals working in the U.S. under the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA) formerly known as NAFTA. It is available only to citizens of Canada and Mexico. A prospective employee may apply for TN admission at a U.S. port of entry with a letter of support from UH or, if the person is already in the U.S., UH has the option of filing a TN petition with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

Click on the links below for more information or directly access TN forms and templates.

Sponsoring TN Employment

Step 1: UH job offer
Step 2: Determine TN eligibility
Step 3: Determine how to apply for TN status
Step 4a: Apply for TN entry or Step 4b: File TN petition

TD Dependents

TD eligibility
Obtaining TD status
TD extensions
Employment prohibited for TD dependents
Study permitted for TD dependents

Maintaining TN Compliance

TN duration
TN extensions
Changes to TN employment
Travel abroad and reentry to the U.S.
Reporting new home addresses to USCIS
Nonimmigrant intent

Ending TN Employment

Resignation (voluntary termination)
Dismissal (involuntary termination)
Lawful permanent residence