Welcome to Faculty and Scholar Immigration Services

We provide immigration assistance to University of Hawaiʻi (UH) colleges/schools and to international employees and UH-sponsored exchange visitors across the UH System. As a UH office under the UHM Office of Global Engagement of the Office of the Provost, we are only authorized to assist with the immigration procedures for the UH system.

In most situations where a UH college/school will host or employ a foreign national, it is important for UH colleges/schools to ensure all immigration requirements are met before finalizing plans. Some examples of situations that require prior preparation include:

  • Offering any type of employment to a foreign national;
  • Hosting a visiting colleague to collaborate on research;
  • Sponsoring a guest lecturer, performer, or artist; or
  • Inviting an international scholar to participate in a symposium or conference.

The human resources (HR) specialists in most UH colleges/schools are our main contact points. UH departments requiring assistance with immigration matters should first consult with their HR specialist on the proper procedures to hire international employees and to host exchange visitors.