E-3 Australian Workers

The E-3 nonimmigrant classification may be used for Australian citizens who will be temporarily employed in the U.S. in specialty occupations. UH is not required to submit a petition to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for a prospective employee who will enter the U.S. from abroad in E-3 status. However, FSIS must obtain a certified labor condition application (LCA) from the U.S. Department of Labor before the individual can apply for an E-3 visa at a U.S. embassy or consulate.

UH can file E-3 petitions with USCIS for changes of status, changes of employer, concurrent employment, extensions, and amendments. Only employers can file E-3 petitions with USCIS on behalf employees; individuals may not self-file E-3 petitions.

Click on the links below for more information or directly access E-3 forms and templates.

Sponsoring E-3 Employment

Step 1: UH job offer
Step 2: Determine E-3 eligibility
Step 3: Prepare E-3 request
Step 4: FSIS processing
5a: Apply for E-3 entry or 5b: USCIS processing

E-3D Dependents

E-3D eligibility
Obtaining and extending E-3D status
Employment permitted for E-3D spouses
Study permitted for E-3D dependents

Maintaining E-3 Compliance

E-3 duration
E-3 extensions
Changes to E-3 employment
Travel abroad and reentry to the U.S.
Reporting new home addresses to USCIS
Dual intent

Ending E-3 Employment

Resignation (voluntary termination)
Dismissal (involuntary termination)
Lawful permanent residence