Every year, each person in the U.S. is responsible for submitting a federal income tax statement (this is called “filing a tax return”) to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) of the U.S. Treasury Department. Additionally, any person who earns income from Hawaiʻi sources must file a state tax return with the State of Hawaiʻi Department of Taxation. Please click on the links below for more information.

Federal tax information
State of Hawaiʻi tax information
Nonresident alien tax workshops

Important: UH staff cannot assist with completing tax returns. These pages contain only general information. Contact the Internal Revenue Service or the State of Hawaiʻi Department of Taxation (as applicable) or consult with a certified public accountant if there are questions about federal and/or state tax laws.