As we adjust to the changes brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic, we want to find ways to stay connected to our friends, our families, and our communities. Check this post often for updates on community service projects that can be done at home or virtually.
Sew a Face Mask
- Learn what is required for a CDC compliant face mask
- Instructions for the N95 pocket Olson Mask V07 can be downloaded here
(Instead of hair ties, sew fabric ties for adjustment of masks for varying head sizes.)
- Mask donations on outer island can be made to Elder Affairs and Nursing Homes on each island:
- Elderly Affairs Division (Honolulu) website
- Hawaii County Office of Aging website
- Maui County Office on Aging website
- Kauai Agency on Elderly Affairs website
- Contact Kimberly who is coordinating the Oahu efforts. All mask donations will be laundered prior to use on Oahu.
- Instructions for the Non-N95 pocket Fabric Mask can be downloaded here
- Mask donations can be made by searching and contacting organizations in Hawaii directly from the Directory
If you are doing either project please let your County Agent or the State 4-H office know how many you made. Mahalo for helping your community.