The 2021 Assessment Leadership Institute (download Flyer here) was conducted online from May 19 to 21 (Wednesday to Friday) and May 24 (Monday), 2021.
See Agenda here:
Congratulations to the accepted applicants for the 2021 Assessment Leadership Institute:
We are happy to welcome 17 accepted applicants for the 2021 Assessment Leadership Institute from five higher education institutions and 12 disciplines.
- Kamakanaokealoha Aquino, College of Social Sciences Dean’s Office, University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa
- Dustin Crowther, Department of Second Language Studies, University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa
- Matt Eng, Mānoa Advising Center, University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa
- Duncan Farrah, Institute for Astronomy, University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa
- Megumi Makino-Kanehiro, Mānoa Advising Center, University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa
- Amelia Mauafu, Assessment and Evaluation Manager, Brigham Young University-Hawaii
- J.D. Mosley-Matchett, Office of the Provost, University College of the Cayman Islands
- Michelle Nathan, Math and Natural Sciences, Honolulu Community College
- Gabriel Peckham, Math and Natural Sciences, Honolulu Community College
- Kathy Pulotu, Institutional Research and Assessment Manager, Brigham Young University-Hawaii
- Rosalind Ram, Assoc. Academic VP for Curriculum and Assessment, Brigham Young University-Hawaii
- Peggy Ranke, College of Professional Studies, National University
- Saundra Schwartz, Department of History, University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa
- Aaron Sickel, Institute for Teacher Education (Elementary), University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa
- Ronnie Tiffany-Kinder, Institute for Teacher Education (Elementary), University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa
- Hsin-I Tong, Math and Natural Sciences, Honolulu Community College
Topics and Activities
The Institute focuses on active practice of facilitative leadership skills in coordinating learning outcomes assessment projects. Features:
- Program learning assessment tools and processes
- Learning outcomes development
- Curriculum mapping and design
- Data collection and signature assignment design
- Rubric adaptations
- Setting standards
- Data analysis & data visualization
- Interpretation and use of results
- Faculty engagement strategies
- Leadership tools
- Learning assessment resources
- Expert coaching from the facilitators and the Assessment Leadership Fellows
- Networking and sharing with colleagues
- Attend all synchronous Zoom meetings from May 19-May 24 (weekends excluded). Tentatively scheduled for 9:30 AM – 4:00 PM HST.
- Finish all required readings and video recordings before coming to the live session.
- Fall 2021
- Small group meetings (in-person or virtual) and project support
- Spring 2023
- Present at the Mānoa Poster Exhibit (or another scholarly event). Date TBA.
Successful institute completers receive a Certificate of Achievement and a book on assessment, teaching, learning.